Regional Sales Representative - Northern Michigan
At Founders Brewing Co., we continually challenge ourselves into places that most won’t go. We strive to be unique, to break barriers and challenge what is commonly accepted as the “norm.” It’s this mindset that has created our culture here at Founders and lead us all to a lifestyle of no regrets. Why can’t we become who we choose to become?
Our collective goal is to be one of the most highly recognized and successful breweries in the United States.
An important part of reaching this goal is by recruiting, hiring and retaining unique individuals from a variety of backgrounds possessing broad and diverse skill sets. Quite simply, we believe that these people make the world a better place – and Founders a better company.
Our work community is made up of dedicated employees that bring their best to work every day to make the most delicious beer on the planet. To continually strive for greatness, it is essential for us to have a team that reflects the diverse communities we love, serve and to whom we raise our glasses.
We believe in fostering an atmosphere of empowerment and where every Founders team member can belong…bringing their full, authentic selves to work each and every day. It’s the Founders way. Sound interesting? If so, take the next step in becoming a member of the Founders team by checking out our open positions below.
Works directly & indirectly with the assigned Founders Brewing Company territory wholesaler (s) and their sales staff to promote sales, promote the Founders brand and achieve target distribution and volume goals. Establish and maintain a professional sales relationship with key retailers and distributors within the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Founders Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies
- Maintains constant communication with the Market Manager, Distributor sales force, and key retailors
- Develops, manages, owns the results on a quarterly target account list built from goals and objectives. The list will include a subset of priority accounts visited monthly and a larger set of both buying and non-buy accounts to be visited quarterly. Account List size and geography will vary by territory and be set in collaboration with the Regional Market Manager.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software or other company provided sales software.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with wholesales and key accounts.
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailors, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Assists at all special events and festivals in the territory.
- Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys, quarterly product quality surveys, and target account benchmarking).
- Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Live in the market for which Sales Representative is responsible for.
- Self-starter/ Self-motivated.
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work nights and week-ends.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills.
- Two years’ minimum experience working in the three tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier.
- Strong knowledge craft beer, the industry, and its retail consumers.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Travel is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work will be done in a home office or in a vehicle
Consistent visits to bars, restaurants, and retail accounts will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear
Your application has been successfully submitted.