Brewing Shift Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Brewing Shift Lead performs and is proficient in all Brewery operations, troubleshoots issues, signs off trainees, involved in improvement projects, leads shifts when necessary, and reports downtime and schedule conflicts. Must be able to work any shift in a 24-hour schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Competently operate brewhouse, centrifuge, filter and cellar equipment to process brews according to Stone SOPs
- Ensures daily centrifuge, filter, and brewhouse schedules are followed.
- On the schedule working a process
- Responsibilities are primarily focused on daily and weekly activities.
- Assist Brewing Supervisors with rectifying schedule conflicts and reporting of downtime
- Assumes role and responsibilities of Brewing Supervisor when required
- Can attend and represent brewing in interdepartmental meetings
- Instrumental in onboarding and training of newly hired employees.
- Leads shift and delegates tasks as needed
- May be called upon to assist with Tech and Brewer responsibilities when needed.
- Delivers accurate and detailed shift hand-off meetings as needed
- Assists Brewing Supervisor with complete information pass-on at each shift change and a smooth shift transition for the incoming supervisor and production team
- Ensures that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times
- Engages in improvement projects with a focus on deliverables
- Provides recommendations on process improvement, equipment upgrades and recipe formulation
- Responds to production questions and issues, and follow up as needed with managers or maintenance
- Works closely with the warehouse team to ensure proper inventory management
- Responsible for on floor MES/AX work
- Implements and drives Stone Brewing 5S and lean principals.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical operational issues and escalate issues to appropriate department when needed.
- Perform technical preventative maintenance and escalate issues to appropriate department when needed.
- Assist with events, dinners, and meet & greets.
- Maintain safety within the brewery at all times.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities when needed and in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work.
Experience and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred, preferably in a science or engineering related field. Brewing education preferred.
- Experience: At least 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 2 years’ experience running/operating a large brewhouse system (50bbl +) and 2 years’ experience running/operating a Centrifuge Filter system or equivalent combination of Brewhouse and Centrifuge Filter experience.
- Completion of at least one rotation through each process at Stone Brewing for a pre-determined amount of time not including training. Completion of a short internal control project and successfully present project to management.
- Computer Skills: Computer literacy and experience with internet, Microsoft software programs (word & excel, etc.), internal software programs (Ignition, MES, AX, etc.).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift Certification preferred
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
Your application has been successfully submitted.