Dockside & Taproom Sales Rep
Proudly celebrating 25 years, Muskoka Brewery is a caring and open-minded Ontario Craft Brewery who is passionate about our brand, grassroots culture, and values. We are more than great beer! Inspired by the nature in our backyard, we feel strongly connected to each other, our customers and to our communities. We are about the road less traveled and adventurers at heart who love to venture off the beaten path. We are Muskoka Brewery, and we are here to make our mark, one glass at a time!
Role: Dockside & Taproom Sales Rep Department: Sales
Location: Ontario Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
As a key pillar of this role and during the dock season (May – October), this role will report to the Inside Sales Manager and working along side another Dockside Sales Representative will be responsible for the execution of the best-in-class customer service, as well as the program requirements of the dockside marketing plan, and an authentic presence in craft beer community. In the off-season, the Dockside Sales Representative will be a key team member of our Taproom team and reporting into our Taproom Sales Manager.
Dockside Sales Representative Responsibilities: As an ambassador of Muskoka Brewery, the role of the Dockside Program Representative requires an enthusiastic team player who has the drive to succeed and contribute to our next level of growth for our dockside draught program.
- Build positive and lasting relationship with our current and inquiring dockside members. Execution on the Dockside program through facilitating great service to current members and building our consumer base around the Muskoka region.
- Ensure the execution of POS & branding, product delivery, conduct draught quality audits, educat e consumers on the brands, and help them along their beer journey.
- Lead Dockside sampling events for members and support experiential team for large events to help educate future dockside members and the strong program brand building opportunities
- Contribute to overall company drive for success and growth through sharing of competitive insights, marketing opportunities, customer feedback
- Provide weekly reporting to Inside Sales Manager on the programs progress
- Execute events for program on a weekly basis and build partnerships with local businesses
- Coordinate Deliveries/ Route Plans and manage your time effectively to deliver Muskoka Brewery products and services directly to your customers geographic area
- Communicate on a weekly basis to all members for all orders
- Working with a passionate and energetic taproom team, you will be equally responsible for the overall Muskoka Brewery experience of all taproom guests, phone calls and online orders
- Connect with each guest with an authentic welcome and share your passion and knowledge of our brands, our community, and our industry. Provide an exceptional experience that is both fun and educational
- Potentially leading guided tours and tastings to both small and large groups (unknown due to Covid)
- Conducting structured tastings both at the tasting bar and to private groups as required
- Ensure effective opening and closing procedures are met, and communicate with the Taproom Sales Manager on daily outcomes
- Working with the taproom leads to develop effective store displays, monthly inventory counts, and manage incoming communication (phone and email)
- Daily cleaning and maintaining of the retail, event, and outdoor spaces
- Strong Geographic knowledge of the Muskoka region
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred
- A strong desire to gain experience in the sales field and craft beer industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience engaging customers with infectious and positive personality
- A proven record of supporting and contributing to team environment
- Ability to working weekends and/or holidays as necessary to support sales activities
- You must be able to maintain professionalism while working in an environment of entertainment and alcohol
- A clean driving record is also required and must be maintained
- Smart Serve Certified and legal age to serve alcohol
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must have EXCEPTIONAL communication skills including the regular use of social media tools
- Passion and caring for our community. We love bringing it local and so must you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@Muskokabrewery.com
We thank you for your interest.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted. AT MUSKOKA BREWERY, WE WELCOME EVERYONE. WE PROUDLY STAND FOR EQUALITY, RESPECT, INCLUSION, AND ALWAYS SPEAKING UP. We are committed to providing a safe and dignified work environment for all employees and candidates, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, religion, or any other aspect of their identity. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Your application has been successfully submitted.