This job is no longer accepting applications.
1+ Years of experience as a brewer in a production brewery producing greater than 2,500 barrels annually. The candidate must possess excellent brewing skills with the ability to brew complex beer styles, must be able to consistently execute recipe instructions, brewing processes and achieve quality targets. They must possess the ability to work in a multi-shift, production brewery environment, and maintain a professional, positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
The Brewer will be responsible for working with the lead brewer to execute the brewing plan. The brewer will be responsible for brewing each beer style utilizing automated brewing and production equipment. The brewer will also be responsible for communicating and coordinating with other plant employees.
The candidate must possess the following skills and abilities: Proven skills in wort production, tank cleaning and sanitation, cellar operations, and safe work practices. The candidate will have the capability to communicate and coordinate with other brewery departments and employees to achieve quality and productivity targets, and the ability to brew according to Brew Hub SOP’s, Quality and Safety standards.
- Work with Lead Brewer to understand and execute brewing schedule.
- Work safely
- Have a passion for quality beer and quality workmanship
- Work well with co-workers
- Tank Cleaning and sanitation
- Work safely within tight spaces and with various cleaning/sterilization chemicals
- A strong mechanical aptitude is a major plus
- All duties as outlined in the brewing shift duty checklist
- Gravity and extract analysis and recording
- pH analysis and recording
- Gravity adjustments
- Volume adjustments
- Recording all data to brew sheets, database, and business software
- Maintaining malthouse and brewhouse cleanliness and housekeeping
- Perform all brewhouse and cellar work on both our 8 bbl pilot system and our 100 bbl production brewery
- Wort production
- Perform beer transfers
- Dry hop tanks
- Carbonate beer
- All cellar work to be completed with an eye towards low DO
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to maintenance manager and/or supervisor
- Work with lab staff with any QC/QA protocols
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Assist other employees as necessary
- Participate in the occasional beer festival or brewery event
- The person filling this position must be willing to work flexible schedules
- Other duties as assigned by the management team of Brew Hub, LLC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.