This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sly Fox Brewing Company is looking to expand its production team as we emerge out of the pandemic and is looking for people who want to help us continue to grow as a company.
We’re seeking a Packaging Manager to work at our production brewery in Pottstown, PA. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned operator to run state-of-the-art packaging equipment for an independently owned, regional brewery. As a valued employee in a critical position, we offer compensation commensurate with experience, a dental and health plan, paid vacation, holidays, a 401K with employer matching, as well as discounts on food, beer, and merchandise at our Sly Fox pubs.
Applications will be accepted by electronic submission only. No applications via phone calls will be accepted.
As a Packaging Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Packaging beer according to the brew schedule and per the Director of Brewery Operations.
• Training, motivating, and developing Packaging Team members; providing leadership and taking responsibility for performance of the Packaging Team and holding team members accountable.
• Ensuring change overs, can reloads, and product changeovers happen quickly and efficiently.
• Ensuring beer quality is maintained throughout the packaging process.
• Developing and maintaining SOPs for safety, CIP, and packing operations.
• Working with the Director of Maintenance to ensure preventative maintenance is being completed.
• Working with the Director of Brewery Operations to ensure all needed packaging materials are on-site and available for scheduled production.
• Be mindful of Dissolved Oxygen and other quality risks to packaged beer and work to continuously improve to eliminate or minimize those risks.
• Have an understanding of the production equipment and diagnose sources of machine failure to make necessary repairs and adjustments.
• Completing tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures while following all safety procedures.
• Keeping accurate packaging logs detailing each packaging run.
• Assist with identifying materials that need to be ordered, inventory oversight and awareness.
Our preferred candidate would have:
• Three or more years of experience in brewery and/or beverage production in an automated manufacturing environment.
• Ability to safely operate a forklift and scissor lift. Training and certification is done on-site.
• Strong technical understanding of machinery and sanitation.
• Knowledge of can seam measurements and ability to abide by strict quality packaging parameters.
• Experience in quality control and other protocols.
• Ability to work on your feet for long hours in a noisy (less than 85 decibels), ambient temperature environment.
• Flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary to ensure product delivery.
• You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard-working attitude.
• Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time sensitive situations.
• Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly in order to coordinate corrective actions needed.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift up to of 55 lbs. and maneuver up to 165 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday.
Sly Fox Brewing reserves the right to revise the job or to require different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, and workload.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Our employees abide by the COVID-19 rules that are put into place by local governments.
- Ability to commute/relocate: Pottstown, PA 19464: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Experience: Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- License/Certification: Driver's License (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
- Work Remotely: No
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and scissor lift. Training and certification is done on-site.
- Ability to work on your feet for long hours in a noisy (less than 85 decibels), ambient temperature environment.
- Flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary to ensure product delivery.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift up to of 55 lbs. and maneuver up to 165 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday.
Your application has been successfully submitted.