This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sly Fox Brewing Company is looking to expand its production team as we emerge out of the pandemic and is looking for people who want to help us continue to grow as a company. We're seeking an experienced Lead Brewer to work on brewhouse operations, as well in the fermentation cellar. This job is full time and based at our production brewery in Pottstown, PA.
Applications will be accepted by electronic submission only. No phone calls please.
Pay: Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Benefits: 401K and employer match, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, holidays, discounts on Sly Fox food, beer, and merchandise at our pubs.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to making wort, operating filtration equipment, monitoring fermentations, maintaining cleanliness of cellar, and cleaning and maintaining brewhouse and fermentation vessels.
Our preferred candidate would have:
• A minimum of 1 year experience working in a brewery, preferably brewing and cellar work, with an average annual output of 5,000 bbl or more.
• Detail-oriented with an obsession and eye for quality.
• High level of self-motivation to work efficiently while completing independent tasks.
• Ability to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in daily tasks.
• Ability to multitask and manage time – critical skill.
• Strong communication skills.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Flexible availability - this position requires first and second shift work, currently on a Monday to Friday schedule
• Desire to learn.
• Ability to work safely and abide by safety standards.
• A base knowledge of the principals regarding beer brewing and post-brewing beer handling.
Sly Fox Brewing reserves the right to revise the job or to require different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, and workload.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Night shift
• Weekend availability
Our employees abide by the COVID-19 rules that are put into place by local governments.
- Ability to commute/relocate: Pottstown, PA 19464: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Experience: Brewing: 1 year (Preferred)
- License/Certification: Driver's License (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
- Work Remotely: No
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to work on feet for 8+ hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to maneuver 165 pounds.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level (under 85 decibels).
Your application has been successfully submitted.