Director of Quality Assurance
The Quality Manager oversees the quality department and is responsible for protecting and improving the quality of our products. This position reports to the COO/Brewmaster and will work closely with our brewing managers and brewing team.
- Manage the QA functions for all breweries in the New Realm system
- Perform and manage our defined routine analysis for our beers. Ensure no beer released to next step in processing without undergoing defined quality checks and sign offs
- Develop and manage a QA reporting system, complete with daily and weekly team reviews. Develop tracking system for key quality parameters during brewing, fermentation and packaging, and make the results visible and actionable to all brewing managers.
- Work with the brewing managers to identify trends and outliers in analytical results and contribute to the process of resolving any issues
- Develop, share and enforce reaction plans/decision trees for out of spec beer or package control points
- Define limits of salability for our products
- Develop quality checks for incoming packaging material and brewing ingredients with reject protocol
- Work with Supply Chain to manage any holds or product returns
- Perform shelf life and stability testing and work with team to continually evaluate code dates on all our products
- Collect and report sensory results using Draughtlab. Daily, weekly and monthly panels.
- Maintain SOPs for all QA activities
- Develop and maintain our Quality Management Program
- Investigate and develop methods to measure quality in non-beer beverages
- Be the primary source of contact for quality concerns coming from our taprooms, our sales team and our customers. Maintain a formal complaint log with resolutions and decisions
- Maintain the budget for QA and manage the spending
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to others in the company that perform QA tasks
Required experience, skills and abilities:
- At least 10 years in a brewing QA role, with at least 5 years of QA management and supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of high speed can lines and quality protocol around DO, TPO and seams
- Ability to work within and continually improve a robust safety culture while ensuring the quality team operates in a safe manner
- Experience with quality reporting systems/software
- Possess communication skills necessary to manage individuals and work effectively with other departments within production and across the company
- Possess intimate understanding of quality-based measurements
- Possess understanding of all production processes
- Possess intimate understanding of the relationship between quality and production processes
- Ability to logically troubleshoot quality issues to determine root cause
- Ability to remain calm and provide leadership during emergency quality situations
New Realm Brewing Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, New Realm Brewing Co. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.