Crystal Coast Brewing Company with locations in Atlantic Beach, Morehead City, and Rocky Mount, North Carolina is expanding its production capacity and is seeking a full-time brewer to join the team at our brewing facility in the Rocky Mount Mills complex located in Rocky Mount, NC. The historic Rocky Mount Mills complex houses a group of 8 highly collaborative Independent Craft Breweries and provides a one of a kind opportunity to share and learn from other Brewers. (https://RockyMountMills.com)
Crystal Coast Brewing Company is entering its fifth year of operations in North Carolina. We have already brought home multiple gold and silver medals at the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild Brewers Cup and Carolinas Championship of Beer. We are currently operating a 10 bbl brewhouse with 80 bbls of fermentation capacity in the Rocky Mount Mills facility and are looking to add qualified and capable personnel to assist with the increased production capacity as well as the growth of the brand as a whole. In addition to the Rocky Mount facility, Crystal Coast Brewing operates a 7 bbl brewhouse with 52 bbls of fermentation capacity at its brewery in Morehead City, NC and a 5000 sq ft Taproom in Atlantic Beach, NC.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participation and execution in all brewery operations including, but not limited to: Wort Production, Hop Handling, Malt Handling, Spent Grain Handling, Yeast Harvesting & Management, Dry Hopping, Transferring, Packaging Kegs & Cans, CIP, as well as general cleaning procedures.
- Preparing ingredients for brewing.
- Recipe creation, formulation and documentation.
- Provide Leadership, Management, Direction, Supervision and Training to the production and packaging assistants.
- Strict adherence to quality control SOP's throughout the brewing, fermentation, carbonation, and packaging phases of beer production
- Operation of forklift, scissor lift, and various other pieces of machinery
- Strict adherence to all safety and security measures in all aspects of the workplace
- Operate and maintain equipment used throughout the production process (pumps, pH meters, carbonation meters, etc.)
- Ability to participate in special events. Positively and professionally represent the brewery at beer festivals and other events, including set up and break down of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace on an ongoing basis.
- Receiving raw materials, rotating stock and inventory (hops, grain, chemicals, etc.) management processes.
- Special Projects as required.
- Ability to monitor and accurately record data throughout entirety of brewing process. Properly record all brewhouse activities in brewhouse software (EKOS).
- Complete required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to multitask while monitoring various brewing and production processes.
- Experience operating forklift preferred but not required (will train the right candidate).
- High attention to detail.
- A commitment to quality, safety, efficiency and consistency at all times.
- Excellent cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Ability to safely handle chemicals on a regular basis.
- Mechanically inclined a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- 3 years production brewery experience with at least 1 year of that including brewhouse operations (in a facility producing 1k - 5k bbl per year).
- Formal brewing education a huge plus but not required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Flexibility with scheduling and willing to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as required.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Must be 21+.
- Capable of lifting 55+ lbs multiple times on a daily basis.
- Can work in both hot, cold and wet environments.
- Can work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Can stand on concrete floors for the duration of shift (8-10 hours).
- Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis.
*Please note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com – A cover letter describing relevant past experience would be greatly appreciated.
Crystal Coast Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mast Landing Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.