This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Direct Report: Brewmaster
The shift brewer is based at our main production facility, operating our 20bbl 2-vessel. Aspects of this system includes milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, and wort cooling. In addition, the brewer is responsible for pre- and post-cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels. The brewer also is responsible for cellar tasks including, but not limited to, yeast pitching, filtration, beer transfers, tank CIPs, various fermentation additions, maintenance of parts and hoses, and the filling of casks and firkins. The brewer is expected to be punctual, self-motivated, and contribute within a teamwork environment.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets;
• Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines (SOP/SOG).
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Keep accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
• Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
• Keep accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements.
• Continually maintain all beer production areas including equipment
• Assist maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
• Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement.
• Operate and monitor electronic and computerized brew systems.
• Represent Three Notch’d Brewing Company at beer festivals.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
• General knowledge of practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in production and pub-style brewing.
• General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
• Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics on equipment related to work.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Minimum of two years of brewing experience as assistant brewer or brewer.
• Professional brewing certificate preferred.
• High school diploma.
• Must be 21-years of age.
• Shift brewer with flexible availability
• We have recently moved to a 4-day, 24 hour brewing cycle. Shifts rotate every two weeks and pay differential is offered for later shifts.
• Ability to work in extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes.
• Industrial noises.
• Occasional exposure to wet conditions.
• [Missing equipment]
• Pallet jacks, manual and electric.
• Electric lift.
Little or No Travel (>10%)
Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
Three Notch’d Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.