Sales Representative - Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
Territory: Northern Virginia & D.C.
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Pay Rate: Salary, based on experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment; Participation in 401k w/ Company Match – Eligible after 1 full year of employment
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetually curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Sales Representative is an account-level salesperson focused on growing Tröegs business in Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel (some overnight), and frequent weekend events.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must have a pleasant personality, be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and the ability to communicate well with people. Beer industry knowledge and 1-2 years beverage industry sales experience is required. The ideal candidate would live in the NOVA/D.C. area and have good, working knowledge of the corresponding beer scene(s).
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars by making a minimum of 10 sales calls per day.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision-maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- Perform 8 samplings/promos/staff trainings/beer festivals/all related events, monthly.
· Build displays in accounts with proper brewery signage and pricing.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Communicate daily w/ RSM or ASM regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales-related issues.
- Input market activity in LilyPad and share weekly market activity recap reports with wholesalers.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with territory wholesaler sales managers & conducting regular wholesaler representatives work-withs.
- Fulfill needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/ performance on a monthly basis. Be ready to report at monthly sales meeting.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Conduct quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our wholesaler’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a functional vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Wholesaler/ Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of key people at wholesaler(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all salespeople, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop an understanding for how the following gets done: POS orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and beer displays, basic policies for handling wholesaler bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at monthly/quarterly sales meetings and wholesaler compensation.
- Knowledge of pricing of all Troegs pack types plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Tröegs Brewing Company, its history and its products.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated success in beverage-related sales.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Experience working with IRI Data collection.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Tröegs beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well-developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous beverage industry experience required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.