This job is no longer accepting applications.
Would you answer ‘Yes’ to these questions?
- Do you love supporting independent craft beverage producers? Would you love to help them gain better access to their consumers?
- Do you value local business? How about increasing sales of local restaurants?
- Do you love selling? How about making it easier for consumers to get independent craft beverages, via delivery or pick-up?
- Are you an organized, self-starter who wants to own your schedule?
- Do you want to be part of an exciting startup?
Then this is your opportunity to do all of that and more!
About the Company
Janus Craft Beverages is a Beverage and Food delivery platform that was created to help independent craft beverage makers gain better access to their consumers. Janus improves access to market while at the same time offering an improved home delivery cost structure and incremental revenue stream for craft friendly restaurants. For consumers, we make it easy to get good craft, via delivery or pick-up.
Janus Craft Beverages is a tech-meets-craft beverages startup and we are looking for a driven sales professional with a passion for the craft brewing industry and an entrepreneurial spirit, that is hard working, eager to learn, and possesses exceptional interpersonal skills. You, as our soon to be Sales Representative, will be a crucial part of the team, working directly with Craft Producers and Craft Friendly Restaurants. You will be building a network that connects local Craft Producers and Restaurants to consumers, expanding their sales and their brand.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish a deep understanding of the Janus platform and its services and benefits - including internal processes, strategic objectives, and competitive landscape.
- Drive customer acquisition - Reaching out to craft producers and craft friendly/tied restaurants to establish relationships.
- Develop knowledge of the local craft brewing landscape and maintain effective customer relations with both craft producers and craft-friendly restaurants while promoting the services and benefits of Janus.
- Build and maintain prospecting lists - identify new customers in the region and establish contact to gain understanding of their business and needs.
- Clearly communicate the value of Janus and its services, benefits, and newest products to prospects.
- Educate existing and craft producers and craft friendly restaurants on services and benefits of Janus as well as update of new features.
- Launch & promote new platform features.
- Manage the sales territory within the Golden Horseshoe area, and beyond, as well as remote sales.
- Regularly connect with craft producers and craft friendly restaurants throughout the designated territory/region to strengthen existing relationships with accounts and to build new business relationships.
- Educate craft producers and craft friendly restaurants on services and benefits of Janus.
- Collect customer insights to shape future platform services and benefits and develop sales strategies.
- Follow-up on all service related issues and opportunities in a thorough and timely manner.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in a sales or customer service focused role and a strong understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the craft beer industry and a passion for all things beer.
- A thirst for knowledge – desire to constantly learn and be excited to share that knowledge with customers and prospects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills – proven ability to build relationships and influence prospects
- The drive to win as a team – collaborating to achieve success
- A reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
Please note: An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
Janus is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Our hiring decisions are made on the basis of candidate qualifications, competence, merit and business needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting us directly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.