This job is no longer accepting applications.
Overall Description: The Line Cook at Maine Beer Company is responsible for creating and maintaining the highest quality food experience for all customers. Providing the best possible experience for every patron and abiding by the values of MBC are of the highest priority. The line cook reports directly to the Head Chef.
Compensation begins at $18.00 per hour, based on experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stock and prepare stations for service of wood fired pizza and other food at Maine Beer Company
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness throughout shift
- Abide by dress code applicable to food safety
- Maintain communication with kitchen manager and other coworkers
- Keep food service flow smooth and time sensitive
- Cleaning and maintenance of all equipment used for food service at MBC
- Perform daily opening and closing tasks as needed
- Follow standard operating procedures for operating the pizza oven and all additional equipment
- Keep up with prep dishes and make sure the dish pit is clean and organized.
- Stock dry and perishable goods (rotate goods FIFO-first in first out)
- Stock fire wood and assure woods stays dry
- Always stay consistent with the mission of “Do what’s right.”
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and cooperative work environment
- Good communication and teamwork
- Physical stamina to withstand a full shift on their feet
- Pizza and wood-fired cooking experience a plus but willing to train the right candidate
Maine Beer Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.