This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Position:
This position reports to our Senior Supply Chain Manager. The primary duties are to create and maintain the brewhouse and cellar schedules. Monitor and order raw materials for brewing and packaging. Work closely with brewers and cellar techs to make the schedule as efficient as possible. Learn Orchestrated Beer (brewery software) in and out and make it work for us.
- Have a constant commitment to safety and quality.
- Plan and maintain brewhouse and cellar schedules four weeks out based on input from Senior Supply Chain Manager and input from production staff regarding any real-life changes or delays.
- Monitor inventory and order all raw materials for brewing and packaging.
- Monitor brite beer tank yields to allow Senior Supply Chain Manager to adjust packaging splits.
- Review previous days production orders and inventory counts for discrepancies. Work with packaging team correct any issues.
- Plan export shipments with input from Senior Supply Chain Manager.
- Research, develop and implement new policies and procedures to streamline projects and daily tasks.
- Create new items in Orchestrated Beer (finished goods and components) and ensure that all BOMs contain necessary components at correct quantity levels.
- Take weekly inventory of the cellar in order to closely monitor beer’s progress as it goes through the production life cycle.
- Monitor and work with packaging/creative departments to ensure that all packaging materials are in house before production dates.
- Maintain and update SOPs with regards to yeast pitching, tank info, annual cleaning projects, and general scheduling best practices.
- Track yeast generations and order new propagations when fresh yeast is required. Work closely with lab team to determine yeast requirements, viability, and availability.
- Reconcile all month end inventory counts in Orchestrated Beer. Work with each department to resolve discrepancies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be an advocate for safety
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to communicate well with other departments
- Ability to adapt to last minute production changes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to listen actively and empathetically to the views of others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Minimum basic Orchestrated Beer skills
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for long periods of time.
Compensation AND PERKS:
- Competitive hourly wage with increases based on performance and cost of living.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan available with company match.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Plus numerous job-related perks
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We can assist applicants with finding and obtaining vaccination appointments to meet these requirements as necessary. Medical and religious requests for exception to this requirement will be reviewed and granted in accordance with federal equal employment (EEO) laws.
Half Acre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.