This job is no longer accepting applications.
SHW Brands have been importing high quality German beers since 1965. We’re looking for an experienced territory manager to represent us at both the distributor and retail level. Not only are we promoting some of the world’s best German breweries, but also the traditions, events, regions and rich histories connected to these long-established organizations.
This open territory has 80% of its sales in NY, NJ and MA. Ideally, you should live within an hour of metro NYC, and the willingness for some overnight travel. Knowledge of area German Restaurants, clubs and events is a bonus.
Breweries include, Konig Pils, Benediktiner, Weltenburger, Astra, Bembel-with-Care cider, Bischofshof, and Zoller-Hof.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an on and off premise target list for each state represented, track and monitor progress
- Ensure the implementation of all sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio
- Write orders for your distributors and follow inventory levels
- Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines across distribution channels
- Identify accounts that are not being penetrated and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Conduct wait-staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as permitted (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both on and off-premise.
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and consumption
- Be responsible for the allocation and use of point-of-sale materials
- Collect and report data as required
- Continue to learn and grow regarding all aspects of the job
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Malt beverage experience
- Knowledge and curiosity about Germany and German breweries
- Ability to work with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail
- Self-motivation/Self-starter is an absolute requirement as we are a medium sized importer where everyone including the president and owner have at least some territory responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
- Creative with problem-solving skills; mathematically proficient
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point
Your application has been successfully submitted.