This job is no longer accepting applications.
Brockton Beer Company is preparing to open its doors and we are looking for a General Manager to help us actualize our vision!
The General Manager position is a full-time position responsible for managing the taproom (front of house) operations, including staff, inventory and customer experience. The General Manager reports to the Founders.
- Manage the day to day operations of the brewpub's front of house.
- Hire, train and manage our taproom and kitchen team
- Create daily shift assignments for all Taproom staff
- Assign breaks and ensure proper coverage for staff breaks
- Oversee daily service by taproom staff and ensure that necessary tasks are completed
- Handle any escalated customer service issues
- Ensure that all food and beverage safety regulations are followed
- Ensure that all digital and printed menus are up to date
- Maintain communication with kitchen regarding menu changes
- Make decisions regarding draft line changes and execute them
- Ensure that all Brockton Beer products served are up to our strict quality standards
- Safely and accurately handle all cash
- Set up cash drawers
- Collect and reconcile cash nightly and create cash deposits
- Replenish change in registers as needed
- Record cash tips as well as any cash variances nightly
- Maintain a fun environment in line with the Brockton Beer brand through music choices and volume, as well as lighting
- Take point in handling any VIPs, industry friends, vendors, and private events. Manage taproom programming including live music, trivia and tours
- Other taproom operational or managerial duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Certifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old Bartending, retail, hospitality and/or brewery experience necessary
- Must serve as a team leader who excels in a small business environment and can work independently.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Must be reliable and organized with exceptional attention to detail and strong technology literacy (Excel, Word, Square, etc.)
- Must excel at multi-tasking. Must have excellent time management and schedule management skills
- Must be able to keep up with a high energy, fast-paced environment, and be able to adapt and think on one’s feet
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds, and bend, twist, and turn as required
- Must be TIPS certified before start date.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the brewpub.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
• Be available to work long, inconsistent and unpredictable hours that correspond to the needs of the operation.
• Able to sit / stand for extended periods of time
• Lift more than 50 lbs. on occasion.
• Work in a restaurant environment
Salary range: $50K to $65K/year, commensurate with experience
Brockton Beer Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Crafted for Community