Social Media Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fort Point Beer Company is seeking a dynamic, creative Social Media Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a swiss-army knife social media professional and exceptional multimedia storyteller with strong writing, photography and organizational skills and a deep passion for San Francisco and the Fort Point brand. In this role you will work with the Chief Brand Officer to support the evolution, definition and execution of the Fort Point brand across all social media channels.
This is a position that works remotely, and will regularly be asked to attend meetings on visit our brewery and taproom locations in San Francisco for projects.
About Our Company
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
- Plan and manage the development, posting, and ongoing optimization of Fort Point’s social media calendar, with a core focus on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Lead the creation and execution of all of Fort Point’s social media posts including copy, photography and video to create fun and thoughtful content that is tailored for each network and audience
- Concept and execute social media campaigns to support key product launches, events and partnerships
- Develop content for social ad campaigns that drive the growth of Fort Point’s new e-commerce platform Fort Point Direct
- Actively engage with Fort Point’s social media audience, deepening online social conversations and building engagement and brand loyalty
- Create strategies to authentically grow Fort Point’s social media following, and drive lasting brand and business results
- Analyze ongoing social media initiatives, measure their effectiveness and report on results with clear, actionable insights
- Provide recommendations for social strategies, bringing your knowledge of the latest trends and technologies to the table
- Serve as Fort Point’s in-house photographer for projects beyond social media, including employee headshots, website photos, product listings, presentations, events, and other projects as needed
Please include links to at least 2 social media channels you’ve managed, as well as a minimum of 3 examples of content pieces you’ve developed and written
- 5+ years experience leading creation and implementation of social media campaigns
- A proven track record of success growing social media for a brand
- Project management experience and demonstrated ability to own projects, build processes and meet deadlines as a proactive, resourceful and organized self-starter
- Engaged and curious nature that will allow you to build relationships across internal teams and discover, document and share their stories
- Exceptional writing skills and knack for crafting narratives that build an emotional connection
- Ability to distill complex concepts into approachable content that is engaging for a wide audience
- Experience using social media to drive e-commerce sales
- Strong photography/photo-editing skills and expert proficiency with Adobe Lightroom
- Experience shooting and editing short-form video while optimizing video file formats and lengths for social media--Adobe Premiere Pro experience a plus
- Awareness about what’s socially and culturally relevant
- Sophisticated grasp of marketing metrics and drivers of impact
- Passion for food and beverage (craft beer a plus), the Fort Point brand and the city of San Francisco
- Bachelor’s or higher preferred
Bonus Skills (Optional)
- SEO writing
- Ad copywriting
- This position is located in San Francisco. The Social Media Manager will be part of a team that works from home during a typical work day. During the week, the Social Media Manager will be required to visit our brewery and taproom locations in San Francisco 1-3 times a week for meetings and photography projects.
- $83,000 - $108,000
- Paid sick time, paid holiday time off
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans
- Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits
Fort Point Beer Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity in all of its employment practices and makes employment decisions for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital staus, disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protect by state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.