This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you love craft beer, working hard and find yourself intrigued by the whole process of packaging beer? Saint Archer is looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate about craft beer, quality and innovation to round out our brewery packaging team. As a Packaging Operator, you come with brewery or packaging experience and are responsible for the day-to-day operations of all canning, bottling and kegging lines and maintain and trouble-shoot equipment, ensuring excellent quality of all packaged beer and attaining production schedules and goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the packaging manager, floor leads and operators to ensure that all beer that leaves the packaging department meets all Saint Archer Brewing Company quality specifications and maintain the highest quality for all beer produced
- Promote a team-oriented and Safety-First culture by maintaining a safe and secure working environment within the packaging department at all times, keeping packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized and operating machinery following all safety guidelines
- Consistently follow all SOP’s and evaluate and update packaging SOP’s and standards of excellence regarding safety and production
- Operate all packaging machinery for all Saint Archer products: cans, bottles and kegs
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of all Saint Archer filled or packaged products to brewery standards and operate manual and computer automated equipment
- Operate GPI case packer and ensure machine is running efficiently to achieve packaging goals
- Effectively troubleshoot line malfunctions and perform basic maintenance tasks and cleaning to ensure efficient machine operation
- Perform basic and preventative maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently; and communicate all mechanical issues to maintenance department
- Perform quality control checks on bright beer tanks
- Ensure finished goods are logged into Obeer accurately each day
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Packaging Manager
What you need for the role:
- You have a passion for craft beer!
- You have at least 1 year of packaging experience working with machine filling, preferably in a brewery
- You have a high school diploma or GED
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You have the skills to operate all Saint Archer Brewing Company packaging equipment
- You demonstrate a professional and engaging demeanor and treat every employee, customer and client with dignity and respect in all interactions
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have a proven mechanical aptitude
- You have knowledge of packaging machinery terminology
- You have good time management skills and can multi-task
- You have knowledge of beer production, storage, and packaging
- You can problem solve and develop solutions for complex situations and issues
- You have laser attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- You know how to use MRP/ERP systems, MS Office, and GoogleSuite
- You can interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- You are flexible and a good multi-tasker
- You have experience operating a Forklift and can pass Saint Archer's forklift certification
- You are eager to work in a fast-paced, growing, innovative company
- You can work a variable shift schedule depending on production needs: 10-hour schedule, 4 days a week, and spend 10 hours working on your feet; must have dependable transportation
- You have the ability pass a background check and drug screening
- Operate forklift, scissor lift and manual and powered pallet jack
- Frequently required to spend 10 hours working on your feet
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, manipulate, turn or feel; and reach, push, and pull with hands and arms
- Frequently required to sit; step over equipment and climb into tanks and balance, and climb ladders; and stoop, kneel, crouch, duck or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to use taste and smell senses
- Frequently required to use brewery production equipment, including tanks, hoses, cleaning equipment and occasionally required to drive a forklift
- Frequently required to safely handle and use hazardous chemicals
- Frequently required to work around wet, slippery areas
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our people and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility
- Competitive nonexempt hourly wage
- 4-day work week: x4 10-hour shifts
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick time (and we encourage you to use it for optimal work/life balance!)
- Paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work scheduling for new moms and dads (birth or adoption)
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Personal and career development opportunities
- Access to a network of free therapists through our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 50% off Saint Archer swag
- We play our part to make a difference in our communities - from social and charitable partners to championing causes to caring for the environment; at Saint Archer you're part of something bigger
- And of course, free beer!
At Saint Archer, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
At Saint Archer, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in the differences that bring us together.
The Saint Archer journey was founded on love and commitment. A love of craft beer and a commitment to creativity and following the road less traveled. From the beginning, we have always believed the craft beer experience happens where art and science meet. With that understanding, our company was founded on a unique strain of creative talent. World-class brewers. Artists and musicians. Professional surfers, skateboarders, and snowboarders… All coming together with passion and dedication to express our one true love: great, crafted beer.
Learn more about our culture and brand at:
Saint Archer is honored to be voted as a top 2021 Best Place to Work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal, as voted on by our employees!
Your application has been successfully submitted.