This job is no longer accepting applications.
We know you have heaps of experience honing your craft, sharing your passion with others, and thrive in an environment that provides a strong culture, uncompromised standards, accountability, and high profitability. And we know you’re looking to showcase your abilities in a reputable, growing company that truly Inspires Loyalty.
Oh, yeah --- you should also really love beer.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Preference of 1-3 years of beverage industry experience. Brewing industry experience, as well as a formal brewing education and/or homebrewing experience is not required but are a perk.
- Willingness to work 40 hrs./week in a brewery setting that incorporates all aspects of brewpub brewing with some limited packaging
- The ability to lift 55+ pounds over the waist and move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another repeatedly throughout the workday
- Ability to follow the standard procedures for operations to ensure production of high-quality beer
- Ability to execute the standard procedures necessary to produce high-quality beer with minimal oversight
- Possess excellent verbal, written and typed communication skills
- Ability to be clean, organized, and efficient throughout the workday with minimal oversight
- Understand and practice sanitation and safety procedures. As well as, comply with OSHA standards for hazard communication, lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry and chemical handling
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects with minimal oversight
- Maintain detailed records and quality control reporting
- Create excitement around Iron Hill Brewery beer through engagement with staff and guests
- Ability to work safely, identify and assist in correcting any safety hazards in the brewery
- Willingness to learn and grow with our expanding operations
- Participate in festivals and promotional events as needed
- Possess a sense of urgency while being able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to execute one’s daily workload as assigned with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the demands of production
- Possess a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to arrive to work on time
Our Assistant Brewers (Brewer’s Apprentice) –
- Report to a Head Brewer/Lead Brewer
- Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation proficiency in all three main brewery areas:
- Assist in the production of high-quality wort
- Assist in the loading of raw materials, such as dry hops, and process aids into the beer throughout various production stages
- Maintain proper cellar records:
- Daily Gravities
- pH Checks
- Yeast Drops
- Fermentation Progression Evaluation
- Harvest and Pitch yeast
- Filter, transfer, and carbonate finished beer
- Clean and fill kegs and casks
- Assist in periodic cleaning and maintenance tasks on all Brewery Facilities and Equipment
- Assist in maintaining the department standard of a “Tour Ready” facility by ensuring the overall daily cleanliness of the:
- Entire Brewery
- Cellar and Packaging Areas
- Brewhouse Equipment
- Tank Exteriors
- Brewery Floors/Walls/Ceilings
- Identify and assist in fixing any issues that may arise during the workday
- Accurate and timely documentation of all processes, procedures, cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure all beers are made in adherence to standardized operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Iron Hill Brewery, our Assistant Brewers (Brewer’s Apprentices) work with our Leadership Team, to ensure execution of their respective operations is consistent with our Core Values.
We’ve got a flight of benefits to brewing a career with us:
- Work/life balance
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Paid Time Off – managers accrue 10 days per year
- Discounts and a Comp Card for free food & beer
- Advancement opportunities as we open new restaurants!
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE twenty-five years ago, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to sixteen locations across the mid-Atlantic region and South Carolina.
Each restaurant is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. In 2014, Zagat honored Iron Hill by naming them the most popular restaurant in Philadelphia, and their beers have earned 47 medals from the Great American Beer Festival in an unbroken 22-year winning streak that continues today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.