AVP, Finance and Accounting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The AVP, Finance and Accounting will play a critical role in helping our company optimize financial health, monitor operational performance, and execute on strategic initiatives. This position will work closely with senior management, most regularly the CFO and CEO, to meet financial objectives by creating and managing procedures, budgets, policies, controls, and reporting systems to support the brewery’s financial infrastructure and ESOP.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-starter whose drive and sense of urgency are tempered and disciplined by a concern for the accuracy and quality of the work. Their approach to activities and responsibilities will be well-thought-out, based on thorough analysis and detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts. Technically oriented, this candidate has confidence in their own professional knowledge and ability to get things done quickly and correctly. With experience, will develop a high level of expertise and will be very aware of mistakes committed by self or others. Imaginative and entrepreneurial, this individual is creative and capable of developing new ideas, systems, plans or technology, or of analyzing and improving old ones. They rely primarily on their own knowledge and thinking, with little reference to others, to get things done.
General administrative and financial control duties
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including budget vs. actual results
- Provide information to banking partners, accountants, external auditors
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Oversees and manages the Company’s ERP system from a financial perspective
- Communicates with vendors and internal staff to ensure accuracy of order reconciliation
- Works with the CFO to develop budgets for departments in the organization. Monitors budget usage and ensures critical costs are covered
- Ensure the Company is complainant with all necessary insurance coverage requirements including general liability, liquor liability workers compensation, and cyber security
- Ensure the Company’s key contract agreements are accurate and compliant from a risk management perspective
- Directly supervises the accounting staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Reviews Company’s expenditures, including analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Management of the Company’s income tax estimates and planning
- Work with department managers to prepare, maintain, and report on budgeted expenditures
- Management of annual ESOP statement distribution process, including working with following external parties:
- Independent external auditors
- Independent appraiser to recommend the annual ESOP share price
- 3rd Party ESOP recordkeeper
- Overseeing the Company’s liquidity including bi-weekly reporting to banking partners and Board of Directors
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, and five to seven years of management level accounting experience, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP/MRP systems. Experience with Deacom ERP or similar systems strongly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of general financial accounting principles, financial statement preparation and analytic reporting experience.
- Direct experience with cost accounting, fixed asset management, and tax compliance
- Experience working with outside auditing firms on 1) tax preparation 2) book audits and 3) employee benefits audits required
- Manufacturing, distribution, consumer product, beverage or brewing company experience is preferred
- ESOP accounting and benefits management experience is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task capability with project orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for craft beer is preferred.
Does your career path involve taking ownership and embracing opportunity? If you are looking to grow and develop into a future CFO with an employee-owned company, and be an integral part of its success, then this position is right for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: AVP, Finance, and Accounting
REPORTS TO: SVP, CFO
FLSA: Full-Time Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.