Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC), parent company to Harpoon, UFO, Clown Shoes, Arctic Summer, and City Roots, is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our 2nd shift maintenance team. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of packaging equipment and strong troubleshooting abilities. They can lead an overhaul/rebuild and have the ability to adapt quickly to change while adjusting priorities as breakdowns occur.
- Must have an Electrical / Mechanical background with 2-5 years of experience setting up and servicing packaging equipment, as well as basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Have a flexible schedule and the ability to work a rotating on-call schedule for after-hour emergency repairs. (Every 5-6 weeks)
- Proper use and understanding of PPE, LOTO, and Risk Management.
- The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
- Proficiency in CMMS, Microsoft Excel, and Word. The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to operate a forklift. (MA state 1D hoisting license is recommended)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Preventive Maintenance as well as electrical/mechanical troubleshooting on all Brewery equipment
- Work with an assigned team to review work, set priorities, and schedule maintenance repairs.
- Enter and complete work orders by logging actions and findings in an accurate and timely fashion in a maintenance program.
- Quickly diagnose the source of failures and make emergency repairs to all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic systems as needed to return them to service and minimize production downtime.
- Assist production staff in performing their duties through direction, training, and assistance.
- Assist Brewery operations in setting up equipment and making running adjustments to maintain maximum efficiency. Including annually auditing assigned equipment to improve or develop PM’s, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the equipment is setup, maintained, and operated to allow for safe packaging of quality product.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment.
- Handle a large workload with multiple preventive and repair tasks/projects.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs, up to 50 lbs shoulder high
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work over, under and around potentially dangerous and moving machinery in tight spaces
- Must be comfortable working at heights while standing on a ladder or in a basket
- Ability to withstand various temperatures and weather conditions
POSITION: Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
JOB GRADE: Kilderkin
Your application has been successfully submitted.