Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the accounting department, budget preparation, audit, and tax functions
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of previous accounting, finance, or other equivalent professional experience.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a self-directed position that requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. This job requires a Monday – Friday business day schedule.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The CFO must be able to sit for extended periods, be a proficient typist and be capable of independent thought and communication.
DIRECT REPORTS: Staff Accountant
Your application has been successfully submitted.