Assistant Taproom Manager - Deerfield
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a creative individual to join and grow with our very tight family here at Tree House with the position of Assistant Taproom Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a quality-focused, talented hard worker who’s passionate about driving core values, developing teams, and providing the best customer service...down to the last detail. The individual will be expected to perform all of the tasks and activities associated with managing Tree House’s Taproom/Retail environment. The Assistant Taproom Manager will report to our Taproom Manager and be an integral part of our management team. This is an integral role and well suited for an individual who has initiative, can get up to speed on our culture and processes quickly, takes pride in minor details, and understands their impact when considered as a collective whole in the brewery. This opportunity promises an invigorating and exciting environment where good work is done so we always look for flexibility and a sense of humor in addition to other valuable traits like intent, hard work, and good communication skills.
It’s a great time to join the team to be a part of our growth to come. We are expanding and we continue to build on this creative, eclectic endeavor in our new, state-of-the-art facilities and we couldn’t be more excited and grateful for what’s ahead. The position is FULL-TIME and will be based in Deerfield, MA and may occasionally include workdays in our other facilities.
As a Assistant Taproom Manager, you will assist the Taproom Manager with the overall daily operations and upkeep of Tree House Taproom/Retail and the responsibility of it through supervision, presentation, and coordination of day-to-day activities of crew members. Activities will include:
- Consistently work hard to create a welcoming and informational environment for the customer by greeting and assisting wherever help is needed most at that time, as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Actively promote ideas for operational improvement; respond promptly to management inquiries, assignments and deadlines.
- Assist with the management of the On The Fly retail program
- Ensuring overall cleanliness and organization of store/retail/bar area ensuring the overall appearance of Taproom displays and environment are kept at the highest level, including signage, cleanliness & decor.
- Creating, stocking, and ensuring guests’ collateral is up to date.
- Leading by example and promoting efficiency, strong work ethic, initiative, and great culture.
- Communicating, upholding and enforcing company policies and best practices - including an understanding and ensuring adherence to workers compensation, benefits, anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and other legal standards and Tree House policies and procedures.
- Assuring all staff are continually informed and in compliance with all health, safety, sanitation and emergency policies.
- Planning, assigning and enforcing daily responsibilities and tasks of all team members.
- Ensuring responsible service of alcohol to customers, and makes sure all crew members are doing the same
- Presenting solutions to problems related to customers, crew members, or the business itself to Manager or Director; communicating issues, trends, issues and action plans to Manager or Director of Retail
- Upholding company culture and driving an amazing customer experience, also guiding and teaching each team member to do the same.
- Collaborating with other management on employee and customer service issues.
- Providing feedback and insight into personnel matters to Manager and Director
- Assist in regular training & development of staff to promote knowledge, efficiency and growth; coordinate with team to schedule periodic trainings as needed; evaluate, adjust and improve training systems
- Maintaining a system for tracking schedule requests; plans annual vacation and holiday schedules. Ensuring that shifts and responsibilities for supervisors and other staff are covered during vacations and emergencies.
- Organizing and reorganizing the sales floor and ensuring all pricing, signage, order cards, product availability, and displays are correct at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory logging between systems.
- Is responsible for and conducting all cash handling and documenting it on a daily basis - at the beginning, middle, and end of shift. This includes making change, scheduling cash drops from registers and depositing them into the safe, and counting and distributing tips.
- Is responsible for conducting opening and closing the taproom and retail store.
- Thinking critically every day, and making appropriate decisions in the company’s best interest.
- Other tasks as directed by management.
- Minimum of 1-2 year of management experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong organization and communication skills to discern and address the needs of customers, employees, stakeholders, and company leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships within the organization and community-at-large
- Demonstrated leadership capacity motivating and unifying teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- A constant learner, able to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for Tree House’s vision and the craft beer business; Strong knowledge of craft beer a plus.
- Expertise in driving efficiency in business despite practical constraints.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels across the organization.
- Goal-oriented with ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity, critical thinking, good judgement, sense of urgency and honesty.
- Experience in quality control, policy adherence, and other protocols
- Effective leadership skills with experience managing others
- Strong understanding of product and labor costs with proven track record of hitting and maintaining target goals
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard working attitude
- A quick learner who is able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time sensitive situations
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas
- You are not afraid to speak your mind
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly in order to coordinate corrective actions needed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift in excess of 50 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand, walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work early, long hours with flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary to ensure product delivery
Benefits and Perks:
- Health & Dental Insurance, with options covered in full by Tree House
- 401K w/ employer match
- Generous PTO including vacation, personal, sick, and paid holidays
- Merch and Beer credits and then some
- Annual Hobby stipend
- Consistent reviews to assess progress and your own personal happiness
- Options to participate in killer team/company sponsored events
- Culture! You will work in an environment of driven & intelligent people who have a good time and are constantly striving to improve
At Tree House, we work as a team and we work very hard. . . with purpose and intent. We do not cut corners and we do not take the easy route. We encourage dissent, critical thinking, and an ongoing desire to improve. Our goal is to make the best beverages in the world and serve it in the most friendly and memorable environment possible - that is our obsession, and that is what drives us to do what we do.
Thanks for reading! To be considered, follow the link to apply and include your resume, cover letter, and references within your cover | No phone calls.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.