Brewer - Midnight Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starr Hill Brewery is a Virginia regional size brewery. Founded in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 1999, Starr Hill is one of Virginia’s oldest and largest independent craft breweries. In 2006, Starr Hill relocated production to the small town of Crozet, VA, just 14 miles west of Charlottesville, nestled at the base of Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Starr Hill is seeking a highly motivated and committed brewer to join our team at the Crozet production facility. The position is full-time that will work specifically on the midnight shift. This position will be four shifts during the weekday nights (Monday Night through Friday Morning) with occasional Sunday nights if needed.
While all brewers are expected to cross train across the various areas of brewing and cellaring, the Midnight brewer will be focused on wort production on the brewhouse. The ideal candidate will be interested in working this shift for the long term as it should suit their lifestyle. The Salary Range for this position is $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Brewhouse Operations
• Cellar Operations
• Fermentation Control
• Raw Material management
• Yeast Management
• Tank CIP Job Requirements
• Understands and is committed to safety and quality
• Displays meticulous attention to detail
• Understands the basic science of brewing
• Is comfortable following Standard Operating Procedures
• Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Functions well in a team environment
• Is a good systems thinker
• Possesses mechanical aptitude about pumps, valves, seals
• Is passionate about brewing and interested in learning Preferred Credentials
• Brewing degree (UC Davis, VLB, Siebel, Herriot Watt, Doemens, ABG, etc.)
• Or >2 years experience in commercial brewing
Starr Hill Brewery offers competitive compensation and additional benefits including company sponsored healthcare plan with dental and vision, paid time off, 401k with company matching, paid holidays and, of course, free beer! Starr Hill is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a salaried full-time position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.