Tasting Room Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smartmouth Brewing Co. seeks a full time Tasting Room Manager to oversee all retail operations and staffing of the Norfolk tasting room. Responsibilities include:
• Schedule and train all tasting room staff. Staff should be knowledgeable about our beer, as well as all tasting room procedures. Work with upper management to ensure all staffing needs are met.
• Serve as a positive role model to staff.
• Monitor tasting room inventory (kegs, glassware, napkins, detergent, etc.) and merchandise inventory (t-shirts, hats, etc.). Work with brewers on tasting room weekly beer inventory and with marketing on merchandise.
• Interact with vendors for the tasting room (linens, dishwashers, etc.) and work with other brewery staff to make sure the space is well-maintained.
• Be responsible for the cash drawer making sure it matches daily reports and depositing cash. Account for any discrepancies in the cash drawer.
• Ensure the space is prepared prior to opening and cleaned after closing.
• Ensure all shifts are in compliance with established procedures, including opening, closing and cleaning.
• Work a minimum of 4 shifts per week, plus the time it takes to perform the other managerial duties. Friday and Saturday shifts will be required with flexibility on other shifts.
• Be available to respond to issues which may occur when off-duty.
• Schedule food trucks, as necessary.
• Schedule staff for special events and private events. Coordinate with the Event Manager and Director of Community Engagement for these events.
• Interact with ownership, other managers in the company and the brewery team to stay informed and represent the tasting room. Attend weekly staff meetings.
The Tasting Room is the front line of our marketing efforts. It is a key tool in enhancing our relationships with current and potential Smartmouth beer fans. The Tasting Room Manager will be expected to ensure that the tasting room experience is in keeping with our brewery image. To that point, the Tasting Room Manager must be organized, reliable, honest, detail-oriented, professional, team-oriented, independent and positive. The successful candidate will also possess excellent people skills and exhibit leadership qualities. Ability to We look for someone to create an environment that is both fun and safe for our employees and customers.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.