This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cherry Street Brewing located in Cumming, GA is growing and expanding to Chattanooga, TN. We have 2 brewpub locations in Georgia, with distribution statewide. We are opening a production facility in Chattanooga, TN to expand volume and distribution. Cherry Street is a team of fun, motivated people who are passionate about their work with a strong culture of inclusion and autonomy. We are a casual, yet professional company promoting a safe working environment and equal opportunity for employment.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Responsible for the entire Hot-side Brewing Process and Fermentation including brewing, pitching yeast, monitoring yeast, CIP processes, and equipment maintenance; and hence should be well versed in brewing, fermentation, yeast management, chemical handling, and overall maintenance.
1. Monitor and record: quality, gravity, pressure, temperature, flavor, and carbonation of all tanks – fermenters, brites, fermenting barrels, per the current Beer Spec Sheet.
2. Brew beer according to production schedule.
3. CIP tanks accordingly to latest SOP.
4. Maintain yeast inventory and monitor quality control.
5. Maintain appearance and working condition of all Hot-side equipment.
6. Calibrate necessary equipment, i.e.: refractometer, pH meter, etc.
7. Assist where needed: grain room, shipping, receiving, transferring, kegging, etc.
1. Lab work.
2. CIP tanks accordingly to latest SOP.
1. Quarterly Passivation and Preventative Maintenance Sheet.
2. Deep-clean facility: outsides of tanks, walls, floors, under barrels, etc.
3. Take butterfly valves and ball valves apart for cleaning per schedule.
4. Replace water filters, inspect heat exchanger, and check glycol system for efficiency.
Irregularly scheduled duties
1. Attend and work at beer festivals, promoting CSBC. (Get everything ready – beer, jockey box, CO2, POS materials, banners, displays & literature/brochures)
2. Talk to the media.
3. Talk to the public (our customers or people passing through).
4. Give tours.
5. Read brewing periodicals to keep up with technology.
6. Keep ears open for possible future competition in your area.
7. Schedule new servers and bartenders to brew one day in the brewhouse with you.
8. Attend Conferences and other Educational opportunities, either on own or required by the Brewmaster.
Manage the Brewery
2. Have knowledge of total brewhouse operations and All hot-side equipment.
3. Design new recipes, when necessary.
4. Implement new procedures when necessary and permission has been granted to do so.
6. Inform OPS Director or Brewmaster of any quality control problems.
7. Inform OPS Director or Brewmaster of beer scheduling problems. (ie: tank conflict, yeast shortage, etc.)
8. Do whatever the owners, Brewmaster, and OPS Director ask you to do, unless it is illegal.
1. Follow SOPs on CIP processes.
2. Inform OPS Director or Brewmaster of chemical shortages, safety, sanitation, and quality control issues and concerns.
3. Maintain and use recommended and adequate safety gear and SOPs.
1. Keep track of beer raw materials. (Salts, Whirlfloc, Fermcap, yeast, etc)
2. Keep track of brewing supplies. (Filter bags, containers, etc)
3. Keep track of lab supplies. (Alcohol burner fluid, agar media, test tubes, etc.)
1. Preventative maintenance.
Represent Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative:
1. Anytime you are in public and someone asks what you do,
2. At local brewer’s meetings and gatherings,
3. At Master Brewers Association of the Americas meetings,
4. At local beer tastings and regional/national festivals,
5. When writing articles for local and national magazines,
6. As speaker for local clubs and national conferences,
7. To the local and national media.
1. Salary Position – Full Time. Compensation level based on experience. Performance based yearly raise opportunity.
2. 10 days/8 hours each day per year of Paid Time Off, includes sick and personal time, unless otherwise discussed and approved. PTO must be approved with 1 month notice.
3. Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance contribution.
4. Food, beer, merchandise discounts, admission to events, such as beer festivals, conferences, or education.
5. And, one hell of a cool ass place to work.
If you think you got what it takes to join our team, we would love to chat. To get started, please email us here with your resume and add the job your inquiring about in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.