Tap Room and Gift Shop Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Abita Brewing Company is offering a $500 sign on bonus.
The Bar Manager oversees the operations and staff of the Visitor Center and Taproom. The Manager as well as staff are expected to be experts in beer, serving techniques, as well as historians for Abita. Ongoing education and training spearheaded by the Bar Manager and Brew Master will serve to ensure that each staff member is well prepared to provide each guest with an exceptional experience. This position will oversee the retail store, events, and daily operations and will ensure total guest satisfaction while helping to increase sales, profits and brand awareness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hiring and managing all staff for the department, including employee onboarding, scheduling, facilitating staff meetings, conducting annual performance reviews.
- Manage Taproom staff training, including beer training, customer service training, brewery tours, and draft beer quality mechanics.
- Oversee daily shift responsibilities and employee productivity.
- Work with staff on systems, standards and innovation.
- Ability to perform all functions of the department.
- Quality assurance of service and products.
- Maintain a safe, healthy work environment for our staff and guests, ensuring all company policies and compliance regulations are understood and adhered to.
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting experience for all guests.
- Manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience.
Tap Room and Visitor Center Operations
- Manage all inventory ordering and control.
- Work with the Marketing Department to come up with events and promotions that will bring in new customers and increase revenue.
- Field event inquiries and oversee events.
- Provide event reports to Senior Management after all events.
- Creation and execution of SOPs for daily operations.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including beverage, supply utility and labor costs.
- Maintain records of invoices, past confirmations, electronic records of revenue, sales voucher tracking, event inventory and event scheduling.
- Assist in ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Safety and Planning
- Assist with the enforcement of sanitary practices for beverage handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of service.
- Maintain professional image, including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Must be certified with ServSafe, Beer Permit, CPR and First Aid.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical workweek = 45 hours).
- Professional presence is required.
- Occasionally as a requirement of this position, the employee will be required to stand, balance, stoop, crouch, sit, and walk, including substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and legs; use hands, handle or feel, and reach, push, pull with hands and arms for extended periods of time.
- This position frequently pushes/picks up/carries equipment.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
Supervision of Others
- Supervision of the Beer Guides on each shift
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping and reporting.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse staff and guests.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solution to problems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily Tap Room activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.