Assistant General Manager - Golden Road Pub Anaheim
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Golden Road is constantly evolving what it means to be Craft beer and our employees are changing what it means to work at a brewery. While we offer great benefits, a diverse and inclusive culture, and competitive salary, we also provide the opportunity to tap into something greater than just a job. Beer brings people together in ways that few other things can, and we carry that sense of camaraderie, fun, and positivity into everything we do. We can be found chasing an adventure or chasing a dream. We are confident, yet laid back and aspire to be better than yesterday. If that’s you, join us. Cheers!
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) at Golden Road Anaheim is responsible for coordination and oversight of the pub operation day-to-day, overseeing personnel, managers and supervisors. The AGM is responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the the Anaheim Pub from a FOH perspective. This position ensures sound onboarding, training, continuous training and staff accountability. Where the GM is responsible for broad oversight and operational performance, the AGM is more tactical. The Assistant GM oversees loyalty programs, and coordinates with the marketing department to accommodate operational and staffing needs. The Assistant GM oversees programmatic areas of the restaurant by execution or delegation. The Assistant GM may acts as the General Manager in their absence, and assists the General Manager in the following: sales/costs analysis, performance management, food quality, customer satisfaction, and cleanliness/sanitation.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
· Directly manages all front of house performance.
· Oversees and manages scheduling and leave requests.
· Responsible for hiring, onboarding, interviewing, and training all FOH staff.
· Focuses on providing an environment for an excellent guest experience.
· Make sure that employees are properly trained so that cleanliness and sanitation are consistently achieved
· Control cash and other receipts by abiding by all company policies and procedures
· May operate as primary customer service provided depending on the area of responsibility
· May make hiring/termination decisions in lieu of General Manager in consultation with human resources.
· Complete all relevant paperwork in a timely manner (reports, forms, invoices, etc.)
· Complete performance appraisals for staff
· Fully understand and adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to health and safety
· Other duties as assigned.
Golden Road offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental and vision from day 1, a 1:1 match up to 6% on the 401k, vacation days, among many other benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Thorough knowledge of food and beverage industry
· Sound analytical skills (mathematics, organization, etc.).
· Ability to manage people in a high-stress, fast-paced working environment
· The ability to create and maintain a high quality environment for employees
· The ability to deal tactfully with difficult customers
· Knowledge of business English and spelling.
· Basic to Intermediate level proficiency in office-related software.
· Office equipment used includes computer, copier, postage meter, Fax, printer, multiple-line phone, paper folder, laminator, projector, and scanner.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
· Regular contacts are made with individuals from other internal departments, outside organizations, and/or the general public for purposes of exchanging information which may require some judgment or interpretation.
· Communication is usually cooperative in nature, with somewhat frequent conflicts requiring confrontation and appropriate use of tact.
· Conducts work in a standing (more than half of one shift; 5-6-hours) and sitting position; job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping and light lifting.
· Requires frequent operation of a variety of office machines.
· Requires the ability to use kitchen appliances.
Golden Road Brewing was founded in 2011, aspiring to be the premier Craft brewer of Los Angeles. We partnered with Anheuser-Busch in 2015, and have since grown from our original Atwater Village location to Grand Central Market, Anaheim, Sacramento and Huntington Beach pub locations.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.