Food Truck Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Chef
REPORTS TO: Taproom Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Urban Smash is Urban South Brewery’s brand new in-house food concept. The founding Chef will manage the kitchen staff and oversee all aspects of kitchen operations, including food production, purchasing, sanitation, and safety. Urban Smash will operate lunch and dinner service out of a brand new 8x16 food trailer located at Urban South Brewery. The founding Chef will be expected to execute a basic smash burger and fries concept while building out the menu over time to encompass unique and tasty dishes that fit the culture and vibe of the brewery. This role helps ensure customer and employee satisfaction while positively maintaining the operating budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and advance the Mission and Vision Statements of Urban South Brewery.
- Embody the Core Values and Core Competencies of Urban South Brewery.
- Have a passion for food, innovation, and menu development.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring quality, standards and meeting customer expectations.
- Hire, train, manage, and mentor kitchen staff.
- Monitor employees’ progress towards meeting performance expectations.
- Cultivate a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
- Take a systematic approach to maintain cleanliness and organization, i.e. rotating cleanup, specifically assigned cleanup dates, product rotation, labeling, deep cleaning schedules, etc.
- Conduct daily walkthrough inspections of all kitchen/culinary areas to ensure a high level of cleanliness and safety standards - including meeting state and federal health requirements.
- Handle large volume production and a fast-paced service environment without issue and strive to improve service performance.
- Perform administrative work-related duties as assigned.
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs.
- Make decisions with taproom/event managers on how to remedy complaints by customers in a polite, friendly manner.
- Take initiative to continually improve the taproom experience for customers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Urban South products.
- Serve as a representative of the Urban South brand in the community.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Servsafe certified
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible days (including weekends) and hours.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by employees and customers.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proactive with an ever-present eye toward improving the Urban South taproom experience.
- Positive and friendly, making customers and employees feel welcome while at Urban South.
- Solutions-oriented, taking an optimistic and persistent approach to problem solving and time management.
- Creative, seeking out new ideas and approaches to ensure more people know about Urban South.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Honest and diligent, acting like you own the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Yes. All Urban South employees must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, all staff must wear a face mask while working.
- As founding chef of Urban Smash, you would be handed a brand new food trailer and a food concept to execute. Why are you the right fit for this opportunity?
- Chef: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.