CDL Long Haul Driver
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rogue is an open, inclusive company committed to fostering a diverse, equitable workplace.
At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
This position covers the route between the Rogue brewery in Newport to our distributors in Oregon and Washington. Also covers routes to vendors and Rogue Pubs in Oregon and Washington. Weeks will alternate from 2 days over the road, 3 days doing day trips, then 3 days over the road and 2 days doing day trips. Driver can be based anywhere along the I-5 corridor between Portland and Albany or along Hwy 20 between Albany and Newport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- - Loading and unloading of deliveries to distributors, vendors, and at production facility
- - Coordination with Warehouse Manger on weekly shipping schedule
- - Compliance with all local and federal DOT standards and regulations.
- - Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of equipment. Reporting any problems or issues to supervisor
- - Fueling the truck as needed
- - Deliver materials to the customer, which includes assistance with unloading, and ensuring delivery of ticket with material
- - Assist Warehouse personnel with pulling and preparing orders for shipment as needed.
High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent, reading, writing, reasoning and computer skills)
- - 2 years of verifiable CDL experience
- - Tanker endorsement desired.
- Class A CDL and current DOT medical certification
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug screen
- Forklift certification
- Willing to load and unload
- Able to use basic hand tools, power tools, and perform basic maintenance and equipment troubleshooting as necessary
- Able to operative motorized and manual pallet jack
- Able to follow written and/or spoken instructions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, walk and safely operate a motorized pallet jack, and occasionally kneel or crouch.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and must be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
When not operating vehicle, work environment is mixed-use warehouse space.
Noise levels will vary based on location,
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel 90% of the time.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Why Rogue?! You’ll get to work in a lively work environment within our brewing headquarters. We are a group of people who believe in the power of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails - this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k) matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more! Position is both hourly, and paid by the mile.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.
Your application has been successfully submitted.