Lead Cellar Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
The Lead Cellar Worker is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation and release of all beer to packaging. The Lead Cellar Worker ensures the proper cleaning and sanitizing of fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as filtering and transferring beer from tank to tank. The Lead Cellar Worker is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Lead Cellar Worker ensures team members maintain a safe and clean work environment; this includes floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, filtration/centrifuge equipment, racks and containers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and manage Cellar worker in safe and efficient operation of cellar equipment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Cellar and related areas.
- Ensure completeness of all necessary paperwork, and on time delivery.
- Maintain quality parameters, documenting and notifying supervisor of all exceptions.
- Communicate all maintenance related issues to Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure performance of all cellaring tasks in accordance with Rogue SOPs and Safety Protocols.
- Thorough and timely communication with cellar workers, Production Supervisor and Associate Brewmaster.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent, reading, writing, reasoning and computer skills).
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery is required.
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required).
- Ability to give and receive written and / or oral instructions.
- Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete dilution calculations, volume, flow, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, 8-10 hours per day.
- Physical ability to lift 55+ lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Capable of following all safety procedures while working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours.
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation.
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrective lenses) .
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Travel is not required for this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.
To apply, please attach resume / cover letter below.
Your application has been successfully submitted.