This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position will be responsible for implementing and exercising philosophies and business practices to deliver further on our mission of exceptional customer service of fresh, handcrafted foods paired alongside our brewery’s award-winning beers.
Key goals: maximize efficiency and profitability of our operations through system development, adherence, and modifications; maintain a close knit, professional, and engaged staff; oversee the development of community relationships through off-premise events and delivering on our philanthropic missions; oversee restaurant marketing by providing a strong social media presence, capitalizing on community exposure opportunities. The ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and take tasks to completion is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide superior leadership:
- Motivate and inspire staff by outlining achievable goals and objectives; providing supervision, accountability, and recognition; leading by example.
- Comprehensively fulfill our mission of top-notch dining experience with fresh and local food; develop a professional and well-trained staff able to describe and sell our beer; assist with development of seasonal and sustainable dishes; create innovative menus that stimulate customer purchases and loyalty.
- Establish a management team with positive working relationships that focus on communication and accountability
- Manage Daily Operations: regulate daily processes and constantly improve operational systems; periodically monitor floor/kitchen operations; monitor security systems; promptly respond to email and phone communications
- Meet Financial Goals: establish, monitor, and adjust financial controls; control costs and adjust systems when necessary; develop and implement strategies to increase revenues; prepare financial reporting; monitor and approve spending decisions;
- Uphold Service Standards: monitor and evaluate food, beverage, and service offerings; maintain high-value staff training; initiate improvements; build relationships with preferred patrons;
- Focus on Accountability: monitor and evolve staff and manager checklists; hold yourself and team accountable to developed and implemented systems, to defined roles and duties, and to maintaining a positive attitude;
- Facilities Maintenance and Permitting: schedule preventative maintenance for equipment; timely submit all permit renewals; monitor seasonal needs; stay abreast of inspection dates and reports related to health, fire, sanitation, and safety standards; maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
- Uphold Administrative Service Standards: promptly respond to customer and company email and phone communications; assist with responding to customer credit card disputes; communicate to FOH management any customer complaints;
Human Resource Management
- Accomplish Company Human Resource Objectives: recruit top industry professionals; train, coach, counsel, and discipline staff; clearly communicate job expectations, policies, and procedures; lead by example; review staff job contributions and compensation levels;
- Maximize Labor: employ fewer, highly-skilled, better compensated workers; work with managers to adjust scheduling to match customer volumes; communicate effectively all site specials, promotions, policy changes, and company events and local happenings
- Have thorough knowledge of Indiana ABC / Excise laws and hold managers and staff accountable for compliance.
- Have a thorough understanding of restaurant menu and Upland philosophy on food.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to be on feet, standing or walking/moving briskly, for several hours at a time. The employee is required to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and lift kegs (with help) stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to work hours that exceed 10 PM. The employee must occasionally lift or move a minimum of 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Your application has been successfully submitted.