Southwest Market Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Works directly with the assigned Maui Brewing Company territory, Sales Representatives, Key Account Team, Wholesaler (s), and their sales staff to promote sales, the Maui brand(s) and achieve target distribution and volume goals. The Market Manager’s main job requirements include Wholesaler Annual Business Plans and delivering to those plans and maintaining a budget. The Market Manager must accomplish these goals by adhering to MBC core values, purpose and philosophies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following but not limited to:
- Supports Maui Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies.
- Maintains constant communication and positive relationships with MBC management, Key Account Team, Distributor sales force, and key retailers.
- Responsible for wholesaler management and planning.
- Inventory management: to include orders, forecasts, allocations and monthly wholesaler warehouse audits.
- POS management.
- Annual Business Planning and conduct monthly/quarterly reviews with wholesalers within identified area.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software or other company provided sales software.
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailers, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of chain programming and distribution at retailer and wholesaler level.
- Assists at special events and festivals in the territory.
- Performs assigned administrative, but not limited to (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establishing distribution targets, evaluating discount programs, conducting price surveys).
- Completes assigned “work withs” with wholesaler partners.
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Live in the market(Socal preferred) for which the Market Manager is responsible.
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, able to work nights and weekends.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills.
- Five years’ minimum experience working in the three-tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer, the industry, and its retail consumers.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Travel is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will take place in a home office, in a vehicle, or in the field.
- Consistent visits to retail accounts both On and Off Premise will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package:
- Health Insurance
- 401 k
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Your application has been successfully submitted.