This job is no longer accepting applications.
WHO WE ARE
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands. Currently we’re made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
Victory Brewing is a committed, industry leader who over the last 25 years, has grown to be a world-renowned craft brewery, and the second largest craft brand family in our home state of Pennsylvania.
We find people looking to bring their experience, enthusiasm & desire to work with others to a fun, rewarding place to work as we continue to produce industry changing craft beer. We have growing, empowered and trusted teams in Downingtown, Kennett Square, Parkesburg and Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a key role in the Victory Brewing organization that will work closely with the Production Teams and Maintenance Manager to drive results. You will support 2 commercial breweries in Downingtown and Parkesburg PA as well as occasional support for taprooms in Philadelphia PA and Brooklyn NY. The goal of this role is to develop and build operational reliability and drive continuous improvement in the Breweries.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- Manage and execute projects related to brewing, packaging, quality and utilities processes.
- Maintain all PLCs and software packages used in all equipment at the breweries, maintain backups of all programs and hardware setups, and keep all controls equipment functioning and updated.
- Collaborate with vendors and the IT department to develop, implement and maintain a LAN for all brewery equipment and equipment network communication.
- Support the maintenance and operations teams as needed when difficult problems are encountered.
- Develop, train and support preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance work order.
- Work to continuously improve equipment and system reliability in the breweries through small project, training and development, and other initiatives.
- Work closely with the operations teams and maintenance to prioritize work orders.
- Document all work, track parts and labor in the CMMS (eMaint).
- Identify, propose, and implement solutions to equipment issues, productivity improvement and obsolete equipment with focus on failure mode and root cause of failures. Use these findings to develop or modify Preventive maintenance plans. Help to develop detailed preventive and predictive maintenance procedures with clear step by step instructions for execution.
- Establish strong positive working relationships across the maintenance crews, including off shifts, for over the phone technical support to breakdowns and in person as needed.
- Develop and report on reliability KPIs for the breweries.
- Act as the Reliability and automation historian for automation and controls development across the breweries.
- Employ knowledge of all systems utilized by the breweries including:
o Brewhouse: Steam and hot water systems, centrifugal pumps, grain storage and transfer systems, spent grain system, mill, heat exchangers and gear boxes, etc.
o Cellaring systems: beer centrifuges and filters, beer blenders and carbonators, flash pasteurizers, etc.
o Glycol systems: pumps, compressors, evaporators, cooling towers, plumbing and controls, etc.
o Steam systems: boilers, heat exchangers, traps, etc.
o Packaging equipment: Canning, bottling, and kegging lines
o All other brewery and brewery support systems
- Prepare scope definition, capital cost estimates, operating cost savings, investment justifications (ROI), and cost value analyses.
- Prepare scope of work/contracts for outside engineering firms and contractors. Manage and supervise these groups’ work, schedules, work quality, and performance.
- Assist in identifying and implementing future innovations in the automation of the brewery, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and the brewery’s environmental footprint.
- Applies various programming languages necessary for utilizing the SCADA system including programming PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and the software (prolite and berabrew) used as an interface.
- Prepare P&IDs, plans, specifications, technical analysis and other documentation needed to define the scope of a project or to resolve a technical issue.
- Be hands-on in the design, build, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of all equipment and processes.
- Provide technical training and development to operators, brewers and maintenance technicians in support of new technology or problem solving/resolution.
- Provide technical support to a facility operating 24/7.
- Fill in for the Maintenance Manager when out of office.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree required in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical, Engineering or a Physics or Computer Science degree or equivalent industrial experience in projects and automation support to operations.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing complex projects in food processing, biomedical, petrochemical, and/or similar industries that focus on efficient, high quality, production.
- Hands-on experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of the instrumentation and controls of large scale processing equipment and the associated PLC controls is preferred.
- Experience with food processing equipment is preferred. Extensive experience with brewing and/or packaging equipment is very desirable.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Strong experience with Allen Bradley and siemens software/programming and hardware is required.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher is a plus.
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required between the 2 Victory breweries and taprooms.
- Primary work hours will be day shift but this role will need to respond to critical events on off hours by phone or in person. Work scheduling will occasionally require 2 and 3 shift work as dictated by production requirements and downtime scheduling.
- Perform work duties in all areas of the brewery, occasionally working above grade, below grade and in confined spaces.
- Occasionally work outdoors, year-round, in a variety of temperature and weather conditions.
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop, and crouch. This position requires the ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Use hands to perform fine manipulation, handle, feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms.
- Regularly exposed to damp, wet environments with hot liquids, air borne particles, chemicals and moving machinery.
- There will be loud noise levels. Eye and foot protection is required at all times on the production floor.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.