This job is no longer accepting applications.
The following duties are typical for this position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Good practical knowledge of brewing process from grain to package
- Minimum 1 year experience on 10bbl (or greater) brew house
- Complete proficiency in all aspects of cellaring
- Knowledge of CIP and SIP procedures with strict adherence to internal process SOP’s
- Cleans, sanitizes, and purges all tanks in accordance with S.O.P.’s
- Good record keeping and ability to follow written instruction
- May be required to perform general maintenance on brewing equipment
- Quality wort production up to 5 days in a week
- Coordinate with Head Brewer on scheduling needs
- Coordinate with farmers to take spent grain as needed
- Coordinate with head brewer and warehouse to ensure delivery of raw materials
- Communication between Head Brewer, cellar staff, and all other team members
- Carbonation monitoring; Filters and carbonates beer as required with scheduling
- Monitors and records results of fermentation and cellaring of beer
- Effectively communicate mechanical and process issues with Head Brewer/cellar staff
- Basic beer movements – empty and fill tanks, transfer beer
- Works and cross trains in packaging and all other areas as required
- Re packs and works warehouse as required
- Responsible for product and process remaining free from microbiological contamination
- Ensures samples are taken for Quality Assurance
- Assisting in any other brewing functions as needed by PHBC
- Assist in inventory upkeep
- Ability to work calmly and maintain a personable demeanor under pressure
- Positive demeanor and personality in all aspects of work
- Demonstrated reliability in attendance
- Demonstrate a positive, diligent attitude
- Ability to train and direct employees with patience
- Ability to manage personal and equipment to improve productivity while maintaining quality and safety.
Qualifications and Experience:
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Should have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency
- Minimum 1 year experience on 10bbl (or larger) brew house
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Flexible hours, early morning starts and long shifts
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow complex instructions and adhere to them
- Precision in daily tasks
- Motivated to lead others
- Positive, get it done no matter what attitude
- Passion for brewing and beer
- 21 years or older
- Questionable taste in music and art
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
These conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work around extreme noise levels
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to frequently and safely lift and/or move up to 150 pounds
- Ability to lift 60 lbs over shoulders and work safely in extreme conditions
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to dangerous chemicals
- Ability to work around moving mechanical parts
- Be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- Able to work in tight, small, confined spaces
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an indoor/Outdoor setting in varying temperatures; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach,and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate multiple types of equipment, requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Your application has been successfully submitted.