This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Payroll Accountant will oversee and supervise the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Processes biweekly 401k and HSA payments along with annual compliance reports.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent related field experience required.
- At least three to five years of related experience required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.