Administrative and Recruiting Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flying Dog is Maryland’s largest and most disobedient craft brewery...and we’re looking for an Administrative and Recruiting Specialist to manage general office services, run point on employee programs and be an integral part of the recruitment and hiring process. Could you improve upon Jim Halpert’s Office Olympics? Crush Pam Beasley in an organization-off? Maintain a Dwight Shrute-level passion for your job? Then you just might be the right addition to the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and implement general office services such as appointment-setting, scheduling and other administrative activities.
- Lead a double life as cheerleader and cruise director as you manage, update and execute anniversary and safety program recognition, employee email and beer distribution and other employee activities and requirements. Don’t worry, you get all the beer too.
- Maintain involvement in internal communication initiatives.
- Assist with benefits administration, collect and maintain data.
- Select the candy and keep the office candy jar filled. (For the record, Good & Plenty DOES NOT count as candy)
- Develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies, schedule job applicants for interviews, schedule onboarding and process new hire paperwork.
- Build effective relationships with hiring managers to have influence and impact on the recruiting process and hiring.
- Responsible for maintaining new hire and termination checklists.
- Assist with special events planning. The world’s bound to go back to normal at some point right?
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate. Just ask yourself, ‘what would Michael Scott do?’ Then do the opposite.
- Able to correspond effectively with a wide array of clientele - including politicians, scholars and celebrities.
- Time management, collaboration skills and flexibility.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in human resources or talent acquisition.
- Thick skin. HR jokes are no joke!
Your application has been successfully submitted.