This job is no longer accepting applications.
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing Co. have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where we work hard and play harder. Our community-minded organization does all it can to give back to the town we love.
About the Job
In this position, you will have direct, hands-on responsibility for producing quality Ska Brewing beer in a safe manner.
Wage Range: $15.50-18.00/hour
- All aspects of brewhouse operation and wort production including but not limited to
- Milling, mashing, lautering, and wort boiling
- Safe and efficient transfer of wort to fermentation vessels
- Routine troubleshooting and maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment and work areas
- Monitor and record process times, temperatures, gravities and pH levels
- Collection of sterile samples for lab analysis
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment
- Assist in inventory management
- Assist in safety compliance and QA/QC
- Follow all operational procedures set forth by Ska Brewing Company, its subsidiaries and anyone else we deem worthy and authoritative
- Knowledgeable in safe brewing practices
- Provide leadership to safety efforts within the brewery
- Proper wear and usage of PPE
- Partner with Cellar, Packaging and other departments to meet production goals
- Ensures work area is clean and well organized following GMP and Housekeeping principles
Assist cellar in daily operations
Assist lab in daily operations
Assist Warehouse in daily operations
Helping with snow removal as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience brewing on a commercial system (Experience or working knowledge of 25bbl or larger brewhouse is preferred)
- Formal brewery training and/or certification with strong mechanical ability is required
- Self-directed and work effectively independently
- Organized, detail-oriented and attentive to quality and standards
- Flexible, accommodating, confident, team-oriented and self-reliant
- Must be able & willing to work morning, midday, overnight and/or weekend shifts
- Must be able to endure long hours on feet
- Must work well in wet conditions and hot or cold environments
- Must work safely in a fast-paced industrial setting
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces
- Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and task scheduling skills
Ska Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed team members.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available to Full Time employees (a portion of premiums is paid by Ska Brewing Company)
- Paid Time Off for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- 401(k) with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Discounted Ski Passes to Purgatory Resort
- Free and/or discounted entries into local bike/running races
- Paid Holidays
- Dining Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Monthly employee tab to be used on merchandise and of course… BEER!
- Prior to your start date, we require successful completion, as determined in our sole discretion, of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.