This job is no longer accepting applications.
Upslope Brewing Company, a certified B Corp, is looking to add an experienced Cellar Operator to our team. The Upslope Brewing Team is laser-focused on safety, quality, efficiency, and innovation. We are searching for a driven individual to join us in our mission to sustainably craft the highest quality products possible.
The Cellar Operator position is primarily focused on coldside operations, centrifuge operation, filter operation, tank cleaning, finishing carbonation, and sensory evaluation of Upslope’s craft beer and craft hard seltzer portfolio. This position works closely with the QA/QC Lab to collect and communicate fermentation data, check yeast health, and be able to cover basic lab responsibilities. The role requires a teamwork-oriented, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for our core values and a desire for continued learning and growth within the industry.
Job Responsibilities - Cellar Operator
- Maintaining a safe work area and adhering to all safety protocols at Upslope Brewing
- Daily fermentation management, Sunday - Thursday
- Inputting data into Brewer’s Dashboard temperature control and stage progression, Sunday - Thursday
- Operation and cleaning of Alfa Laval centrifuge, lenticular and plate filter
- Operation, maintenance, and cleaning of hop torpedo
- CIP and SIP of fermenters and brite tanks in accordance with Upslope SOPs
- Carbonation of beer in brite tank to specifications
- Blending and flavoring hard seltzer
- Communication of filtration volumes to Distributor & Logistic Manager and Packaging Manager using Slack App.
- Occasionally assisting Brewers with basic brewhouse operations
- Periodic assistance at Lee Hill with brewing, cellar and wood aging tasks
- Periodic assistance at Lee Hill with keg packaging
- Adhering to the master sanitation schedule standards of Upslope Brewing Co.
- Post-filtration sensory and clarity evaluation
- Aseptic tank sampling
- Nexcelom Cellometer X2 Operation
- Anton-Paar C-box operation and light maintenance
- Spectrophotometer analysis
- Yeast analysis and pitch quantification
- Collaborate with QA/QC Manager on process and product improvement initiatives
Work time: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Compensation, Benefits & Culture
Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission. We work for beer, but get paid in dollars.
Compensation Package includes:
- $17-19 hourly wage
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!
While some brewing experience is required for this position, we are also open to training the right individual. We invite all interested and those with solid translational experience to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations for disabilities where we are able to.
To be considered most competitive, please include a cover letter letting us know why you want to join our team and what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Passion for the independent quality craft beer and hard seltzer, the Upslope Vision and Mission or community is a must
- Educational background in brewing or related areas is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years professional brewing experience at a 5k+ bbl/year brewery is necessary for success in the role
- Forklift operation experience is a plus
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals is expected
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem solving and math skills are helpful for success in this position
- Sensory evaluation experience, BJCP/Cicerone certifications are preferred
- Flexibility, good communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are essential
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours, do some heavy lifting (solo or as a team) and have the ability to withstand working on a loud manufacturing floor
At Upslope, we’re committed to building justice, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our company. Our goal is to create the ultimate culture of belonging for everyone, regardless of your craft beer knowledge or number of powder days you crushed this season. We value what makes you unique and want to ensure that you feel encouraged and welcomed to apply, work and Après Everything™ at Upslope.
Upslope is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, promote, course-correct and terminate based on merit, performance and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, veteran status, medical condition (including pregnancy and genetic information) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability and criminal history (as our licenses allow.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.