This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Summary: Executes all food operations for the restaurant kitchen. Prepares recipes and menus to exceed customer expectations.
- Prepare and execute all food orders
- Organize and arrange cooked foods
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications established by kitchen management
- Restock all items needed throughout the shift
- Has solid understanding and mastery of proper use of all kitchen equipment and tools
- Perform all station duties
- Communicate with the kitchen manager/executive chef and waitstaff to ensure the accurate and efficient processing of customer orders
- Execute special menus for special occasions and events
- Ensure proper equipment maintenance and operations
- Practice safe food handling procedures and safety procedures
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen
- Constantly work to control costs and maintain efficient operation of kitchen.
- Perform accurate and efficient opening and/or closing procedures
- Other duties as required
- Previous cooking experience
- Self-driven and good at prioritizing time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communications skills
- Punctual and dependable
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous cooking experience in a full-service restaurant
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working with hazardous materials when cleaning
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must be able to see less than 20” away and a distance of more than 20 feet
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print.
- Critical reasoning
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Service orientation
- Team player
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.