This job is no longer accepting applications.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: Pub or Taproom Manager
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The Bar Back is responsible for supporting the Beertenders in providing guests and visitors with a high-quality taproom experience that supports and enhances the Marble brand.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bus tables, wash glassware, and keep merchandise display stocked and up to date.
- Interact with guests in a manner that creates a welcoming environment for the enjoyment of craft beer and which nurtures an excellent guest experience.
- Deliver a consistently high level of guest service to each guest and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem guests and dealing with them appropriately.
- Re-stock and replenish bar supplies as well as the reach-in “to go” beer cooler.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Marble Brewery’s Alcohol Service Policy and attend Marble’s Responsible Alcohol Service seminar at least annually.
- Monitor and maintain all sound and lighting levels to maintain proper ambience.
- Keep all areas of the Pub clean, orderly, and well maintained and perform cleaning, opening and closing tasks as assigned by the Taproom Manager.
- Take on other day to day activities necessary to keep the Pub or Taproom running smoothly and efficiently as assigned by management.
- Work with all levels of management in providing a superior Taproom experience
- Willingness to serve guests in a taproom setting.
- Be at least 21 years old and hold a current New Mexico Alcohol Server certificate.
- Passion for craft beer.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a full-time or part-time position working in a bar environment. This position requires the employee to interact with the public in a friendly and welcoming manner and at times may require dealing with intoxicated, unruly or unpleasant people. This job requires a flexible weekly schedule including days, evenings, nights and weekends, as necessary, as well as festivals and special events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Bar Back must be able to stand for extended periods, be able to negotiate a crowd of beer drinkers, be able to lift and move cases and kegs of beer, be good with people and be capable of independent thought and communication.
Your application has been successfully submitted.