This job is no longer accepting applications.
Perform daily functions of the brewhouse, cellar, and finishing operations. Reports directly to Head Brewer and Production Manager.
- Wort production and brewhouse operations
- Cellar tasks such as centrifuge transfers, dry hopping, adding adjuncts, and carbonation
- Assist in packaging as needed.
- Physical tasks as needed throughout the brewery
- CIP throughout the brewery
- Maintain an exceptionally clean and sanitary work area
- Communicate generously with co-workers throughout the work day
- Participate in sensory panels
- Record data in EKOS software, spreadsheets, and physical logs
- Follow all safety, quality, and company procedures
- Communicate any inventory, maintenance, and procedural needs to management
- Participate in quality and continuous improvement initiatives; write and verify SOPs according to industry best practices
Knowledge and Skills:
- Grain-to-glass knowledge of brewing process best practices; professional experience preferred but we will hire the right person without it.
- Knowledge of applicable chemistry and physics such as pressure, temperature, pH, density, solubility, and oxidation
- Low oxygen best practices
- A palate for craft beer styles and an understanding of the industry
- Forklift experience desired (not mandatory)
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Lift 55 lb and move 170+ lb objects
Relationships and Work Environment:
- The work environment is a self-managed position with daily direction and communication with the Head Brewer and Production Manager.
- Good interaction and communication with staff should happen daily.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.