This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: Manager of Engineering and Maintenance
Job Level: Advanced (supervisory); exempt
Essential Functions and Duties
• Engaged in the company’s strategic goals and supports the company’s stated values and Triple Bottom Line initiatives
• Hire, train, supervise, coach, develop and motivate the maintenance department staff at both production facilities
• Responsible for training and development of staff
• Responsible for prioritizing work orders so they are accomplished in an efficient and timely manner
• Manage the selection and implementation of a CMMS to ensure predictive maintenance is performed on schedule, advocating and strengthening proactive maintenance practices
• Engage in the Lean/Agile initiatives, supporting the production process, tiered meetings, ongoing 5S projects, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining an appropriate level of parts inventory
• Maintain capital expenditure and operating budgets by estimating maintenance & engineering costs and evaluating and deciding upon quotes/proposals capital expenditure and operating budget
• Sustain and develop a network base of equipment vendors and contractors to use in situations where the GLBC maintenance department cannot get to an issue in a timely fashion due to other priorities
• Advise on the need for replacement, removal and/or additional equipment
• Interface and comply with regulatory agencies as needed
• Further an organizational culture focused on safety, continuous improvement, and 5S practices
• Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
10+ years of progressive maintenance experience and responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, at least five of which were in a supervisory capacity
• Extensive knowledge of maintenance and engineering practices and equipment
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, issue work orders, etc.
• Must be highly organized and self-motivated
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
• Knowledgeable about OSHA and safety standards
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment
• Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as required
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds
• Ability to perform duties that require frequent standing, walking, bending, and climbing of stairs and ladders
Solid working knowledge of the beer and brewing industry
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Thank you for understanding that we cannot accept phone calls or emails regarding open positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.