Packaging Shift Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Epic Brewing Company is seeking a Packaging Shift Lead to work in our production facility in Denver, Colorado. Reporting to and working closely with the Packaging Manager, the Packaging Shift Lead is responsible for overseeing the packaging of beer in cans, bottles and kegs during a given shift. they will ensure that the daily packaging plan is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that the packaging plan goals are met for the applicable shift, each day, every day.
- Ensuring that opening and/or closing shift duties are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Accurately capturing packaging data during a given shift, including a hand-off to/from incoming/outgoing shift lead (when applicable).
- Training and skills mastery for new Packaging Team members.
- Coordinating and assigning of tasks to shift members to ensure efficient and effective execution of work during the shift.
- Safe operation of bottling, labeling and kegging equipment.
- Troubleshooting and adjusting equipment as needed for smooth operation, including can/bottle fills, seams, CO2 & DO levels.
- Quality inspection of all packaged products.
- General maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of packaging equipment.
- Cleaning of kegs and preparation for filling.
- Handling chemicals required for cleaning and sanitization.
- Expert level of knowledge with brite beer and packaging equipment, including maintenance, sanitation and the related processes.
- Collaborate with the Packaging Manager to identify and prioritize process improvements and investment solutions for improved output and efficiency within the packaging department.
- Other duties as required throughout the brewery.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6-12+ months experience in a fast-paced production/manufacturing environment.
- 6-12+ months experience operating a canner, preferably one manufactured by Wild Goose.
- Experience on an automated bottle filler, preferably a Meheen.
- Strong mechanical background.
- 1+ years Forklift experience; certification a plus.
- Strong leadership skills - ability to organize a team of 4-6 people.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Work well under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Ability to handle repetitive work with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds
- Willing to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions.
- Bilingual – ability to communicate with excellent proficiency in English and second language a plus.
- Flexible schedule – Including ability to adjust to various staggered shifts (e.g. 7am-3pm M-F, 12noon-8pm M-F), occasional overtime, and/or occasional weekend/holidays.
Job Type: Full-time, 8-hour shifts
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
Contact: Eric Gould, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.