Taproom Assistant Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through its outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 17th largest craft brewery in the United States and currently distributes in 20 states. In 2015, Odell sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
ABOUT SLOAN’S LAKE LOCATION
Our newest facility, located in the Sloan's Lake neighborhood, features a 10-barrel pilot brewhouse and brews experimental beers available exclusively at Sloan’s Lake. Our Sloan's Lake location includes two bars with 16 Odell tap handles, a scratch pizza kitchen, and a rooftop patio overlooking Sloan’s Lake and the Rocky Mountains.
The Assistant Manager performs managerial oversight to taproom associate co-workers within Odell Brewing, Sloan’s Lake. This position manages front-of-house operations including the taproom, staffing levels, guest satisfaction, and special events. As Assistant Manager, you are responsible for ensuring a positive and safe food and beverage experience with short and long-term goals in mind. This position works directly with the General Manager.
- Accountable to be present and available during the restaurant hours, including nights, weekends, and special events
- Works with the General Manager to educate co-workers on: brewing knowledge and beer styles, beer presentation, hospitality, company history, and merchandise display
- Works with the Head Chef to educate co-workers on menu items and sourcing information
- Assist in the hiring, training, scheduling, and managing of co-workers in daily tasks
- Develop good guest relationships and address customer service needs
- Assist in purchasing, inventory, maintenance, and other operational functions
- Liaise between managers, guests, and co-workers
- Serve as acting General Manager (GM) when GM is away
- Model the OBC culture and lives the values of OBC, “Always better."
- Foster relationships with community partners and neighbors
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the process, enhance business operations, profitability, guest experiences, and co-worker engagement
- Serve and sell alcohol responsibly
- Consistently offer friendly, informed, and personal guest service
- Maintain a welcoming, exciting, educational, and fun guest experience
- Monitor and manage capacity limits
- Ensure appropriate ambiance
- Support and motivate co-workers to perform their best
- Maintain safe, healthy, and sustainable restaurant environment: establish, follow and enforce sanitation standards and procedures, comply with health and legal regulations and observe brewery safety and sustainability practices
- Completing tasks assigned by the general manager accurately and efficiently
- Creates and cultivates an inclusive environment for all guests, co-workers, and the community
- Must adhere to and enforce an anti-harassment work culture for co-workers and guests
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- One year of restaurant management experience
- Five years experience in the service industry
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs and move up to 160 lbs
- Conducts work in a sitting and standing position
- Ability to crouch, bend, lift, climb stairs, and reach.
- Ability to remain focused and level-headed under demanding situations
$48,000 – $52,000 depending on experience
Odell Brewing offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Time Off – 14 days first two years, increasing with years of service
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/Long Term & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Sabbatical at 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% off shift meals
Equal Opportunity Employer – Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.