Delivery & Warehouse Professional
This job is no longer accepting applications.
River Barrel Distributing (held by Buoy Beer Company & Pilot House Distilling) is seeking a Full Time Delivery & Warehouse Professional to take ownership and pride in our craft beverages and spreading the love in the Pacific NW, more specifically the Seattle, WA area. We’re a hardworking and growing operation and are looking for the right person to grow with us. This individual is passionate, innovative, and self-motivated with a business oriented and customer focused mindset.
Job Duties include (but not limited to):
- Create and maintain an organized, safe, and clean warehouse
- Safely and properly load and unload inventory
- Operate box truck in an organized manner to pick up and deliver goods
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles; service and perform safety checks on assigned vehicle(s)
- Foster and maintain professional and positive relationships with vendors, co-workers and customers
- Keep Sales Team and Sales Director informed of opportunities and challenges in the local markets
- Plan and organize the schedule for deliveries and sales calls – plan most efficient route
- Be aware of the inventory situation at all times
- Help manage and stage incoming deliveries
- Rotate stock as needed (FIFO)
- Check in-coming and out-going orders with associated paperwork for accuracy and damage
- Follow and comply with all WA liquor laws, regulations, procedures & safety protocols
- 21+ with a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle
- Two years or more Delivery, Warehouse and/or Logistics experience
- Very familiar with the Seattle area and best ways to navigate the traffic
- Calm and courteous driving style
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Able to multitask and organize multiple priorities – be able to change priorities on the fly
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve, with minimal supervision
- Familiar with and practices all the necessary safety protocols for the position
- Must be able to regularly lift and move kegs and cases (up to 160 lbs w/ assistance)
- Stand, walk, sit and drive for long periods of time
- Regularly bend, reach, lift and maneuver in small spaces
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong computer skills and writing skills (MS Office, e-mail, etc.)
- Experience with Inventory Management software is a plus
- Familiar with safely using liftgates, pallet jacks, and forklifts
- Forklift Certification is greatly appreciated
- Previous experience in the craft beer/spirits industry also a plus
- Able to work a flexible schedule when necessary, including evenings, weekends & Holidays
- Take pride in our sustainable practices (recycling, waste reduction, etc.)
- Always treat co-workers and customers with respect
- Passionate about your work, craft beverages and our communities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Company paid Health Insurance, including Vision and Dental for Full-Time employees
- Participation in the Company Retirement Plan (company match available)
- Paid Sick time or PTO based on hours worked
- Access to our EAP and Financial Fitness tools
The Delivery & Warehouse Professional will be part of the River Barrel Distributing team, with opportunity to learn and grow. You’ve got to be able to enjoy life with us, but also work hard in what has been a constantly evolving business. The brewery is in Astoria, Oregon, in the Columbia River (literally on a dock in the river) at the mouth of the Pacific Ocean. Our distillery with tasting room is also in Astoria, plus we recently opened a tasting room in North Portland.
River Barrel Brewing Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Post offer background and Driving Record check may be required.
Check out our social media (@buoybeer & @pilothousedistilling) and websites (buoybeer.com & www.pilothousedistilling.com) to find out a bit more about us. If you’re interested to apply or learn more, please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to Jobs@buoybeer.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.