This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is an hourly position that requires availability during business hours, which includes weekends and nights, for an average of three to four days per week. (Specific work schedule details will be provided to candidates.) Primary job function is to assist and seat guests from entry to table or bar seating. This is a seasonal position with an expected end date of 09/2021.
- Acquires and maintains general knowledge of all beers, food and merchandise
- Accurately checks identification of patrons and communicates pertinent guest information clearly with coworkers (specifically regarding underage guests)
- Can confidently use our reservation system for accurately maintaining guest information and table management
- Communicates clearly with guests regarding wait times and seating information
- Communicates clearly all operational rules (Covid protocol and otherwise) of the taproom for staff and guest safety and satisfaction
- Completes taproom opening and closing procedures specific to position
- Delivers accurate, enthusiastic customer service consistently
- Finds opportunities to deliver great hospitality to our customers and our peers
- Follows and helps enforce strict Covid protocol
- Identifies, maintains and promotes a clean and safe working environment with detail
- Maintains organization while greeting and seating multiple guests in a large, fast paced service
- Maintains positive and energizing relationships with co-workers and lends a hand outside of your job code when able
- Reports to work on time and with ample physical and mental energy to perform job duties
- Represents Half Acre’s culture and avoids situations and behaviors that are not reflective of company values in the workplace and out in the world
- Warmly greets and goodbyes guests as they arrive and exit
- Understands the value of systems and enjoys being empowered and held accountable
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver information in an approachable but firm way
- Candidate must hold a valid BASSET and City of Chicago Food Server certification (can be obtained once hired)
- Can work needed hours of operations (includes nights and weekends for some shifts)
- Demonstrates an ability for customer service
- Demonstrates cleanliness in compliance with health and safety regulations for beverage and food service
- Demonstrates great communication skills
- Desires learning as well as teaching opportunities
- Enjoys delivering great hospitality
- Has the ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds
- Possesses analytical skills and is a self-starter who has a propensity for problem solving
- Possesses self-awareness and an ability to quickly read situations
- Maintains a clean workspace
- Understands the importance of detail orientation in achieving our mission to deliver outstanding hospitality
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred, but not required. On the job training will be provided
- Able to lift 65lbs and maneuver even heavier kegs (with assistance if needed) and cases of beer
- Able to work an average of 8 hours on your feet in fast paced environment
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We can assist applicants with finding and obtaining vaccination appointments to meet these requirements as necessary. Medical and religious requests for exception to this requirement will be reviewed and granted in accordance with federal equal employment (EEO) laws.
Half Acre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.