This job is no longer accepting applications.
NOTE: Selected candidate may be offered Brewer Tech 1 or 2 depending on relevant experience and qualifications
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Brewer Technician efficiently operates and monitors Sierra Nevada's state-of-the-art brewing systems to produce award winning beers. Reporting to the Brewing Supervisor, the Tech 1 follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensures our beers meet quality standards.
What You Will Do
- Stages materials and prepares for brewing according to set recipes and schedules
- Actively monitors brewing processes on manual and automated systems while maintaining quality standards and specifications set by SNBC
- Responsible for performance and reporting of product and equipment on shift
- Follows all SOPs and best practices for brewing operations (Brewing, Cellar, and Filtration) in a safe and efficient manner
- Based on limits outlined by SOP’s, reacts appropriately when limits are exceeded, and escalates abnormalities to the supervisor
- Maintains an organized, sanitary, and safe work area by cleaning up messes quickly after created, keeping tools in appropriate places after use, and sterilizing any item that may contact product immediately after use
- Performs CIP of brewing vessels, tanks, process lines, fermenters, centrifuges, filters and yeast brinks including assembly and disassembly of process lines and loops. Mixes and uses chemicals safely (uses the appropriate chemical for the task, uses cleaning equipment safely, safely carries buckets with chemicals)
- Performs basic maintenance and troubleshooting of process equipment
- Performs light duty mechanical adjustments; manually or with small hand tools
- Communicates and works in conjunction with other departments (Quality, Packaging, Maintenance, etc.) as necessary to meet department objectives
Please Apply if You Have
- Diploma/Certificate in Brewing or Fermentation or any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved required
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, brewhouse operations, cellar management, and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail is essential
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions
- Ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Forklift Certification within 60 Days required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2051
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.