This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for hardworking, skilled, and enthusiastic line cooks to join our crew!
Work Hours & Benefits:
We are currently operating Wednesday through Sunday with shifts available for prep and service. Current hourly positions are from 30-40 hours per week.
- $600 total signing bonus ($100 paid on your first paycheck, $200 paid on paycheck after 30 days, and $300 paid on paycheck after 90 days).
- 60% monthly health insurance paid by company
- 1 FREE case of Jester King beer per month for the first 3 months of employment
- Paid Time Off; 12hrs earned for every 200hrs worked
- Shift food, shift drink
- Outdoor working environment in the beautiful Texas Hill Country
- Discounts on Jester King products to-go
Approximate total wage range, based on current tip out average*: $18-$22/hr
*Tip out rate is variable and will fluctuate both higher and lower through-out the year. We also follow all federal and state wage regulations, including those governing tip pools.
Artisan Pizzas in a wood fired oven
Al Forno station cooking with live fire
BBQ and smoked meats program on our new 1,000 gallon smoker.
Jester King is a well established Brewery and Kitchen located in the Texas Hill Country on the road to Dripping Springs. We are a collaborative community that values teamwork as well as supporting individual growth and development. There are opportunities to expand your skills in a fun, exciting, and passionate environment. Our team creates food uniquely tied to a time, place, and people. Our kitchen uses farm, fermented, or foraged ingredients whenever possible.
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
- Preferred minimum of one year experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Texas Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Reliable Transportation
Your application has been successfully submitted.