Health & Safety Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring a Health & Safety Specialist to be responsible for leading and supporting a comprehensive safety, industrial hygiene, and fire protection environment at the Hillside Brewery. The Health & Safety Specialist will collaborate with site leadership and employee groups to provide direction and execute on actions that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company Safety and Health standards.
As a Health & Safety Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
Policy, Principles, and Compliance:
- Develops and implements health and safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local government safety codes and regulations (i.e., OSHA, EPA or the respective State agencies). Knowledge and understanding of a multitude of health and safety regulations and policies with the ability to communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to ensure that only safe tools, equipment and supplies are purchased for brewery use.
- Monitors changes in federal, state and local safety and health codes, and communicates such changes to brewery management.
- Coordinates all safety regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintains plant safety documentation and records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and policies through consistent monitoring and auditing.
Incident, Injury, and Inspection:
- Maintains the OHM database for the site to document incident investigations, near miss reports, corrective actions, OSHA logs and JSA’s.
- Lead and provide oversight of injured colleague cases.
- Review and maintain all company personal injury records. Develop strategies that will successfully bring injured employees back to work in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and assist with early return to work for lost time injuries.
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use.
- Conduct daily safety inspections and equipment audits, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Investigate, review, and implement corrective actions from incidents.
- Lead site incident management (with support from Corporate QEHS) with regards to food safety, environmental compliance and safety. Examples include FDA Recall, OSHA and EPA notifications.
- Maintains oversight of safety recognition program. First point of contact for site safety concerns.
- Ensures plant wide communication of safety programs, initiatives, training and awareness.
- Work with Plant Health and Safety Manager to develop the necessary training modules to ensure that training personnel and employees understand and can execute established procedures while meeting all FDA, EPA, OSHA, DOT and GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) requirements.
- Provide support to manufacturing and staff and focus on safety awareness, prevention, and training.
Risk, Analysis, and Continuous Improvement:
- Conducts analysis of hazards, safety statistics and recommends corrective measures and plan modifications.
- Analyzes safety data to develop action plans to drive out unsafe conditions and behaviors to achieve a 0 TIR (Total Incident Rate).
- Ability to perform risk assessments and determine plausible corrective actions. Ability to lead risk reduction initiatives.
- Analyze data trends & performance to ensure that the right priorities are identified and acted upon.
- Identify issues, coach and lead field locations in the development of a corrective action plan to address root basic causes and management system gaps using industry-recognized cause analysis techniques.
- Work closely with Plant Leadership Team and Employee groups to achieve safety action plan success. Provide constant and consistent Leadership, Guidance and Mentoring along with training and public presentation as necessary.
- Advise their manager or director and their facility management on the status of all Safety Action Plan actions and areas to apply focus and leadership to achieve success.
- Assist in the day to day activities and communications regarding Safety.
- Maintain systems to track key EHS performance indicators.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS or BA in safety, engineering, or related field and advanced degree preferred.
- Associate Safety Professional(ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienest (CIH) status preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Process Safety Management, Chemical Safety and Industrial Hygiene is highly desirable
- Experience in a Food and Beverage manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience in developing a collaborative culture for improving safety performance and regulatory compliance.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems.
The Health & Safety Specialist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, influence and collaborate with site leadership, employee workforce to promote a positive safety and health culture in your daily contacts.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-manage multiple projects and work streams, prioritize your time and workflow based on business and customer needs and provide timely (daily, weekly, or monthly) status updates to team, site leadership and client customers.
- Conduct comprehensive regulatory or site Safety & Health policy, program, and process audits within specified time requirements, identify gaps and deliver sustainable corrective action recommendations.
- Be knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulatory code and standards, keep informed of industry best practices, and provide annual professional development growth goals.
Why work for Mark Anthony Brewing in Hillside?
Mark Anthony Brewing, the 4th Largest Brewer in the United States, opened our very first brewing and packaging facility in Hillside, NJ in mid-2020. The nearly five hundred thousand sq. ft. facility employs a team of over 50 people with a shared passion for quality and doing what’s right. Come join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey at our Hillside, NJ facility.
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. (MABrewing) provides supply chain management for and produces category-defining brands like the iconic White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, Cayman Jack® and MXD. We are a disruptive innovator and true high performer are proud to produce the best tasting products in the brewing industry.
Our collaborative culture is unapologetically fast paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven. We act like owners and embody a sense of urgency and pride in everything we do, while ensuring we always overdeliver on quality. We treat each other with humility, authenticity and celebrate our diverse and inclusive culture, in which everyone can thrive. Safety is paramount, and we are proud to provide a safe and healthy work environment in each of our state-of-the-art facilities.
People are the most important ingredient at Mark Anthony Brewing. Each team member makes an impact on our family-owned business and we share a genuine entrepreneurial spirit and relentless drive to always raise the bar. Together, we nurture a deep sense of community in our organization with a true passion and love for what we do.
Our common purpose is to continuously innovate, think differently and always overdeliver on quality for our customers and consumers. Despite everything we have achieved we take nothing for granted, remain humble, and our success inspires us to push the boundaries of innovation and creativity even further. If you are curious, collaborative, focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term role with a company that is transforming the industry – while having some fun - we want you to consider joining our family!
Please visit MABrewing.com and find our careers page to get started.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.