Quality Control Lab Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for someone to join our Quality Team who has an eye for detail and a passion for making top quality beer proven over 160 years!
August Schell Brewing Company is a family owned and operated brewery in New Ulm, Minnesota. We began in 1860 when August Schell, a German immigrant, couldn’t find a traditional German beer in his new home that was good enough. So, he made his own. While the brewery has seen some changes, like plumbing, August’s legacy of being an innovative brew master remains. It has continued through six generations and over 100 varieties of German Craft beer.
We are looking for a Quality Control Lab Technician to join our team at Schell's Brewery! The quality control technician is tasked with the obligation to perform a variety of tests and audits to ensure all company products meet consumer expectations and demands. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting the brewery’s quality benchmarks, analyzing all aspects of product quality, creating process standards aimed at process repeatability, and ensuring the brewery maintains compliance to all FDA, USDA, FSMA, and TTB standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensure the successful operation of all laboratory functions
- Collaborate with Quality Manager to set quality benchmarks and measure the team’s success against them
- Create standards in accordance with industry and customer expectations, then monitor the production process and employees to ensure the standards are being executed properly
- Properly record and investigate all product quality concerns
- Work with the lab team and the other managers to increase productivity and performance of production, while maintaining the highest quality product
- Maintain a strong level of communication within the production team to ensure any necessary relevant information is being communicated effectively to the other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, biology, or microbiology
- Experience in the industry, lab, or quality experience preferred
Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written and oral form.
The physical demands required of the position include prolonged standing and walking, extended periods of computer use and keyboarding, and a normal range of hearing and vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.